How often do you..

Fran27

No it's not Grammy lol, Boris absolutely hates having his nails trimmed :( I guess we should have done it more when he was a pup, but we did it quite a bit and it didn't help.

In any case, we really don't have to trim their nails much at all. Might be the wood floor in the house?

Tank HATE's having his feet messed with. I was told he as always been that way and they had to trim the hair between his pads and wash him all the time for shows, he still hates it. I wait until his nails are real long and clicking then we go to the vet. It takes me and 4 nurses to hold him along with a muzzle while the vet clips them with the biggest clippers they have. He cry's like a baby and pulls and fights the entire time. We tried for a while distracting him by shoveling treats in his mouth to keep him distracted while clipping the nails, he figured that out after the second time, so we are back to wrestling with the bear.
I have to call ahead and schedule the day they have the most people there at the vet. Lucky they all love Tank, because no matter what he pop's up afterward with his tail wagging wanting a treat. They only charge me $11 to do it, they definately loose money on us.

keyodie

Keyozilla
I havn't clipped Charlie's nails in a long time...I think we need to. But the last time we took him to puppy tubs, (it's a self-service dog wash place) the guy said that he didn't need it because the....vains? What was it again?....were long or something.

Anyway SummerRiot, to answer your question, hardly ever. :D

the guy said that he didn't need it because the....vains? What was it again?....
The "quick".

Colby has clear nails so I can see the quick. May has dark nails and Tippy has both...some of her nails, half is white the other half is black, it's really cute.

Love4Pits

Playful Husky Pup
I never do unless their puppies my adult dogs are constantly running or working on all sorts of surfaces that wear them down just fine.

poeluvr

i just had to say, been gone for a while that is a beautiful dog summerriot
and about teh toenails i just do it when it looks like it needs to be done...lol

Barb04

Super Moderator
I can manage to do Max's & Kona's dew claws but that's it. The new pup I've been doing every 2 weeks when he's tired. CJ is funny because first I clip them and then I smooth them down with an emery board.

beagle_lovergirl

Stare at my avatar....
I've only cut Belly's nails once when she was younger and couldn't go on too make walks. But they never get too long since she walks on the pavement so much. Basically, if I see her nails are long I'll cut them:)

Members online

No members online now.