My poor baby

Saje

Island dweller
I just brought her back from her spay and I hate hate hate to see her so uncomfortable. She wouldn't even look at me on the car ride home. Only gave little half hearted tail wags. I made a fat bed of blankets on the floor for her and she's laying there. She's making her funny Chewbaca noises that are hard to discribe. She does that only when she's seriously stressed - bath time and the vets. My poor baby :(

And I had them clip her claws while she was under because she's difficult. I notived on the car ride home that at least one of her quicks had been cut. I'm glad she wasn't awake for it or I'd never get them cut again!!!

bubbatd

Awwwwwwwww !! Poor baby ....poor Mommy !!! She'll feel better tomorrow !

Saje

Island dweller
I hope so. I hate seeing her like this. She MAY be milking it but she's never been like that. Mav's the drama queen and mikey's the wimp.

She keeps giving big sighs and groaning :( :( Waaaahhhhh

Saje

Island dweller
I hope so. she's sleeping finally and snoring/groaning.

Saje

Island dweller
Yeah I know. :( Kind of bugs me. Also, her collar was choking her. I couldn't even get a finger in their at all. And she can slip out of it sometimes. I guess they gave her fluids in her neck? to rehydrate her and which made her neck fat. I don't know. But I didn't like that. I've never found a vet that I totally loved though.

Zoom

Twin 2.0
It's been a while since I've worked for my vet, but I don't remember him giving fluids in the neck at all. If a dog needed an IV it went into the vein in the foreleg. Shots were given at the base of the scruff...but that shouldn't make it tight...maybe they readjusted it?

Saje

Island dweller
Yeah they may have readjusted it. BUT when I was leaving they said there would be bumps around her chin/neck because of the fluids they gave her. I don't know if that's normal or not.

I don't get Nanook. She wanted to go outside so I walked out with her and she just stood staring at the car door. She never does that. Where does she want to go? Back to the vet? Impossible. lol

keyodie

Keyozilla
lol...

Sry, I have no vocabulary...but does spayed mean the same thing as neutered? Sry, I know this is obvious but I'm slow sometimes...sry :(

Gempress

Walks into Mordor
Spaying is done to a female. Neutering is done to a male. Different umm... "organs" are involved.

Barb04

Super Moderator
Oh Saje, Max did the same thing. He wanted to go back into the vet's office after he got neutered. We took him outside, he peed, and turned around to go back in.

juliefurry

Rusty but Trusty
Oh you should have seen Shelby after her spay! She was giving us these "death stares" for weeks afterwards. She didn't want anything to do with me (seeing as I was the one who took her to that aweful vet place).

Saje

Island dweller
Nanook is much better today. Pretty much back to her old self except she jumped on the hood of the car and hurt herself. Hopefully that taught her not to do that!

filarotten

Fila the love
Poor Nanook, She will be ok. Hopefully she will be good as new in a few days. They are so resiliant compared to us humans. I'm not sure I like your vet though. But you never know until you try one. Hope she stays off the car,don't want to pull out those stitches.

Members online

No members online now.