talking treat ball

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
last night on the news they had a try it before you buy it piece on the talking treat ball,,,it is a hard plastic ball with a recording device in the center where your voice can make a message that repeats itself when the ball is bumped... and has a hole in the bottom that treats will fall out of when it is rolled. the purpose was to help with seperation anxiety.
I found one at the thrift store awhile back..i paid 50 cents for mine..they said on the news it went for about 20 dollars.
Victor showed interest for few seconds..and then went on to other things. I would have been horrified if i had paid that much. Hyia had a "plan" the other day when she discovered the ball in his toybox...she said when he is outside and she needs him to come..she will shake the ball so my voice says "here Victor..come on boy"..and carried outside with her all afternoon. That is about all the fun anyone has gotten out of it. The dog they tried it out on the news was a sheltie, and it had about the same reaction as Vic.
I was wondering if anybody else had one and what their dog's reaction was to such an elaborate toy.

They had them in the feed store where I buy dog food, but I don't think they went over very well. I think a disembodied voice probably is more confusing than anything else to a dog.

tl_ashmore

Spoiled Rotten Dog
I've never even heard of that! I would really like to know if it has worked for anyone, because Beulah has seperation anxiety. (I think anyway).

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
it was on fox 4 news...i will see if i can find the site tonight and find the company name..i have no idea where Hyia put Victor's ball..he is not a treat motivated dog so i think he is not a good tester.

tl_ashmore

Spoiled Rotten Dog
I was just looking at this site about separation anxiety in dogs, and it said that you could ignore your dog for long periods of time. Even up to 3 weeks, and that would decrease the dependancy a dog has for its owner. That doesn't even sound right to me. How could someone just ignore their dog for 3 weeks?

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
the toy is called The talk to me Treat ball..it is on the news again..my friend kelly is reading the dog whisperer book and said there was a very informative chapter on seperation anx...Mary had it for years..she eventually outgrew the shredding and panic..i was just lucky we had a doggy grandma and so she went to the "sitter" when i had to be away. Aaron says she still moans even when i step out of the car and he is still in it.

Members online

No members online now.