Summer Waterfall Tour

Ozfozz

Highbread Dingbat
This summer I am living in "The Waterfall Capital of the World" and am determined to visit as many of them as I can before I have to move back.

I plan to use this thread to document where I've been and share some of the pictures :)

Top of Albion Falls

Bottom of Albion Falls - July 8

Sherman Falls - July 10

Canterbury Falls - July 10

Buttermilk Falls - July 11

My two favourites are Devil's Punchbowl and Spencer Gorge. Spencer Gorge actually has two falls, so I guess it's my three favourites. Haven't seen Albion Falls yet, think I'll put that on my list for the summer now that I've seen your pictures!

Ozfozz

Highbread Dingbat
omg these are all GREAT! Waterfalls are so pretty. I can't believe how many are near you!
Over 100 in the area, it's crazy!

My two favourites are Devil's Punchbowl and Spencer Gorge. Spencer Gorge actually has two falls, so I guess it's my three favourites. Haven't seen Albion Falls yet, think I'll put that on my list for the summer now that I've seen your pictures!

We did Devil's Punchbowl today! I'm planning on going back after a really good rain just to see it in full-glory :)

Albion is stunning all year round and quite easy to get to! Buttermilk Falls is also right close to it if you're down there.

Spencer's Gorge has Websters and Tews Falls right? That's next on our list :) I've been holding off though because Josh really wants to come with us, so we're working on finding a time that works for both of us.

Mini-Falls before the Punchbowl

Devil's Punchbowl

Ha, much prettier with dogs in front of it. :)

Much less water than I remember. Maybe we went in the spring though.

Ozfozz

Highbread Dingbat
The plan today was to hit up Borer's Falls, Lower Borer's Falls and Upper Hopkin's Cascade.
Unfortunately, we didn't get any good views of Borer's, couldn't make it to Lower Borer's, and couldn't find Upper Hopkin's. lol.

Top of Borer's Falls (in the background)

What I ended up calling "Lower-Lower Borer's Falls" taken minutes before I slipped on a rock and fell in -_-

Not a waterfall, but neat little stairs

Ozfozz

Highbread Dingbat
Felker's Falls today!
It was a bit of a difficult hike to get down there, and poor Rig was assaulted by falling rocks. But the little mutt championed through it without so much as a squeak

How far down we had to climb (dogs in frame for reference)

Sekah

The Monster.
It's so neat that you have the opportunity to do this. Keep it up! I'm sure your pups are loving it.

Ozfozz

Highbread Dingbat
It's been a really cool experience!
Poor dogs aren't going to know what to do with themselves once we move back in September lol.

I'd love to be able to get in there with something better than just my phone for a camera, as these pictures really don't do much justice to how stunning some of these places are.

Members online

No members online now.