For Nikki - really cute Hannah picture

So, I was going to make you wait all day to see it, but I figured I'd be nice and give you something warm and fuzzy to start your day with...

Long story short about the turtle....A-hole neighbor kids found it, were spinning her around on her shell on the asphalt, I go raging over, snatch her, and we're going to release her to a pond nearby once her wounds are healed.

Hannah was very interested in the turtle, as you can see. :D

Buddy'sParents

*Finding My Inner Fila*
Awwwww, look at her... that is too cute. The turtle is like, what is this monster?! :eek: lol Did she have a hard time accepting it or was she immediately like, this is mine and I shall call it my fuzzy? lol :p

She was actually like "WTF is this" at first...

She kept sniffing her, and then nudging her with her muzzle. We told her "Gentle" and she realized it wasn't a dog toy so she got all cuddly with it.

She'll lay out by the turtle pool for an hour at a time just staring at the turtle. It's really cute.

If the turtle starts moving really fast (for a turtle), Hannah gets this puzzled look on her face like "Uh...whatcha doin?"

I think mainly Hannah just wants to know why this big funny looking critter is using her baby pool!

ACooper

Awe how cute!

And yes, I don't blame her for wanting to know why this tiny hard little intruder is in HER pool! LOL

How cute! What is it with dogs and turtles, anyway? We have box turtles around here and the dogs go nuts when they find one.

We also have some bigass snapping turtles . . . and the dogs need to stay away from THOSE! Hope Hannah and Corvus don't run across any :(

How cute! What is it with dogs and turtles, anyway? We have box turtles around here and the dogs go nuts when they find one.

We also have some bigass snapping turtles . . . and the dogs need to stay away from THOSE! Hope Hannah and Corvus don't run across any :(
I'm pretty certain Corvus has some snapper in his lineage. :D
(That or wolverine....he'd tussle with anything that challenged him)

We've got big ones here too..We pulled one out of a retaining ditch that was the size of a trash can lid. Hannah wasn't alive then, but my last dane wouldn't even give them a second glass. She was much more into the snakes. :eek:

I used to do a lot of turtle rehabbing...nothing quite like trying to treat a shell injury on a 50 pound snapping turtle. But that was better than the one we removed a hook from. Yeah, that was fun. (not so much).

We transported a snapper to a wildlife center once. We put him in the trunk in a rubbermade tub. Somehow, not only did he escape the tub...but he managed to knock down the seat in the back and ended up on the floor under the passenger seat. I rode with my feet on the dash until we got to where we were going. And oh God, that SMELL. Those things are the foulest smelling creatures. He musked the back seat. EWWW.

Members online

No members online now.