What was I THINKING?!

Zife

:(

I don't know what I was thinking taking in two puppies at once as fosters. I don't know what I was thinking adopting them. Especially since they're part BC.

I've been quiet about it for too long. They're 7 months old now. But I am losing sooo much confidence in myself.

Dre was NEVER as difficult in his whole 17 years as Hillary or Jackson have been. Since Maya died, all hell has broken loose.

Today I was walking them down our road to take them up into a forest path not too far from my house. They walk beside me, both to my left at all times, and don't tug. Well I did a dumb thing and loosened my grip after the first 20 minutes, and Jackson booked it back down the path onto the road. So here I am, running after him screaming like a mad man, when some man in a 4x4 pulls over and proceeds to yell at me - he has 2 doggie heads sticking out the window and I could see another one.

I was so scared. I thought for sure Jackson was going to end up like my Maya did. :(

These two are so much trouble for me right now. Just as I was considering getting another dog, they broke into a fight a few days ago, even the hose wouldn't break them up. I was terrified.

They're alright now, act like it never happened. But this is just mortifying to me!:yikes: Oh for the love of god, these two are very troublesome right now! I honestly don't know what to do. I was considering letting Hayden move in with me, but I'm honestly scared to have these 2 with his dog. They've never done anything to her, they honestly get a long, but Hills was ready to tear haydens moms OEB to pieces the last time they came over.

I'm really upset right now, maybe some good vibes? Sorry for such a long post.

milos_mommy

I'm sorry....i think everyone loses confidence at some point with puppies. Don't give up. Puppies are tough. Especially two puppies. And fights are scary and awful and when they get loose it's terrifying.

You did a great thing by taking them in. I'm sure you can get them under control. For now, i wouldn't bring another dog into the house, though.

Tenebrion

You're doing fine, Puppies can be some of the most hair raising things in the world. You just need to stand firm, dig your feet in the ground and know you are the biggest baddest thing in the world. When you feel better and are feeling strong.. I'm sure you'll get them in line. You're doing a great thing by fostering them. Just try to keep calm. I know it can be hard but, without hardships we'd be wet noodles... Give it some time..

Fights are horrible, but im sure things will get better... Just stand tall and make your attitude the strongest. Lots of hugs, I'm sure things will get better.. But like Milos_mommy said, I'd avoid any more dogs until they're under control.

R

RedyreRottweilers

We all have those days. And I hear you on two puppies, I have 2 8 months old, and it is very hard, very tiring, and at times very frustrating.

Just have faith that eventually they will either be adopted or all grown up and know how to act.

That must have been so scary to have your dog loose like that in a dangerous area. I"m so glad it all turned out ok.

bubbatd

If they are from the same litter it sure isn't easy !!!! I'd do one on one for a while .

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
Awww, I feel your pain!

But believe me, if you stick it out IT WILL GET BETTER (speaking from experience here)!

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
afraid i agree with grammy your going to have to take each one out and work individually. THey are at the teenage stage which is horrid anyway and you got double trouble. So good vibes for loads of energy, your gonna need it.

Paige

Let it be
This last month is the first since owning the boys I have not felt that way. Stick it out. One puppy can be brutal. Two is hell. You will survive it though. I did. The dog fights were the worst but my boys haven't had one in so long. They have been the best of friends with no stiff posturing in weeks! The key to it is to treat them as individuals. Treat them like you only have one pup. Individual walks. play sessions, trainings ect. I still do individual walks because they need it. One of our daily walks doesn't involve both boys. Granted because this takes longer each only gets a quick jaunt but it makes the world of differences.

Good luck. My only tip is shave your head now before you start ripping your hair out. Bald patches are unattractive.
:p

bubbatd

I sold 2 pups to a couple against my better judgement .....a male and a female . They promised that each would take on one and train properly . Many phone calls and suggestions and they really tried hard . But in the end at about 11 months , the pups were still more bonded to each other and wouldn't focus . Luckily one went to another family member and they all were fine . Both adjusted well and could still get together . I guess ( like twins ) the sibling bond is very close .

Paige

Let it be
I wish mine had! They hated each other for the longest time. Now they are a tight knit little duo but I am sort of happy they weren't that intense when it came to bonding at an early stage.

Members online

No members online now.