I feel safe....er...

milos_mommy

So, my neighborhood's been less-than-pleasant lately. I had one guy banging on my door like a lunatic, drugged out of his mind (he was apparently some kind of stalker of the prositute across the street....she's in a half-way house though :() anyway, my jamaican garbage men came around while he was trying to break in and thankfully scared him off. I love my garbage men.

Then, my brother and his friend got into a fight and then friend's dad came over completely sh!tfaced and started threatening my mom and our family. We've also had people break into our cars three times recently. It used to be a really nice family neighborhood, now all of a sudden it's like the ghetto.

Anyway it was probably around 9 or so last night, and i was home alone. Pitch black out. I had turned all the lights in the house off and was flipping through TV channels. Milo was lying in the bay window in the living room (We have an open floor plan so i could see him from two rooms away).

Suddenly he started barking in the most god-awful way you can imagine. For a little nugget who normal "yips" he sounded like an angry German Shepherd or something. Deep, frantic woofs. I turned the tv off and went to the window, figuring no one would be able to see in since the house was dark. Milo's fur was on end and he was shaking really hard, barking in a really threatening manner. He had started to bark like that when crazy prostitute stalker and drunk friend's dad came but they were scared away fast enough for it to stop. If i was a robber, and i heard that bark, i'd get the hell outta there.

So i turn on the porch light, since i didn't see anything. Milo was still going nuts and i was scared out of my mind since i had no idea what it was.

Then my parents pulled in. When they got inside i asked if they saw anyone out there.

"yeah! There was a black and white cat lying on our front lawn" :rolleyes:

I guess in the dark the kitty looked extra scary and warranted Milo's full guard-dog capabilites.

Juicy

sorry for all that madness...atleast milo would warn off any unwanted guest.

*Snort*

You should've heard what happened here when a squirrel hit a branch that tapped against the living room window. O..M..G...the dogs went nuts and I swear I came out of my skin. I thought someone was trying to break in the window or something....then I looked out to see the branch bobbing up and down and a little squirrel running up it.

Hey, if a squirrel ever tries to break in, I know I'm safe. :cool:

bubbatd

Ollie did that to me not long ago and it was a leaf blowing across the yard ! Silly dogs , but at least they warn !

noludoru

Bored Now.
Holy crap, Alex. That's how my old neighborhood went, though not nearly as bad as fast. Glad you have Milo with you. REALLY glad. I wojuldn't underestimate his guarding capabilities. :D

Paige

Let it be
I'm lucky. My dogs never bark at that sort of thing. The only time you here a bark is when someone is here when it's dark. All three of them get going and I sound like I have a pack of attack dogs.

Members online

No members online now.