Gunnar Vids

DanL

I got some videos of Gunnar doing protection training today. I hope everyone enjoys them!

Here, he's doing a watch command, backing the decoy up, then attacking when the decoy moves at him. The decoy will slip the sleeve pretty fast if he gives a good bite to let him win and build his confidence. After that it's more watch work, but in the open field, and the decoy will hold onto the sleeve more. On the last bite he's trying to shuck him off the sleeve but he won't let go, which is what we want.

This one is the last part of the session posted above, where he jumps a fence to engage the decoy. He loves this drill, you can hear his bark get more excited sounding. He gave a good hard bite so the decoy slipped fast to let him win and I ran him off the field with that.

One of the things we like to do is attack on the handler situations. Gunnar is in a down and cannot move while I go shake hands and talk with the decoy. On a preset number of approaches, the decoy will attack, and Gunnar has to engage without any verbal command from me. In the middle of this clip Gunnar comes off a bite and turns around towards me and all the other handlers start talking- they thought he was going to bite me, but he was looking at me for direction. That part is sort of off camera, but he was fine. We mix up the count because they will learn to anticipate the attack if you always do it on the same number of approaches. This is Gunnar's 1st time on the suit in a couple months. I was concerned about how he'd react, but he did well.

DanL

No? hmmm, they are on photobucket and that's worked well for me so far. Can you see the pictures from the videos or is there an X there?

DanL

lol, is that a reference to that old thread about dogs protecting your property? :) I think Daisy would be worse for someone who jumps our fence, she'd pin them down and lick them to death.

Buddy'sParents

*Finding My Inner Fila*
Oh, I can handle slobbery Daisy kisses- I think- but I think Gunnar would make me pee my pants. :eek: ;)

R

RedyreRottweilers

Nice work, DanL and Gunnar. My dogs LOVED your vids, they say THEY want to play.

heh heh

;)

DanL

I should get some clips of the 2 Rotties we have at the club. One is a K9 patrol dog. Small for a Rottie, only about 80lbs, but very very intense. The other is about 100lbs and strong as an ox.

J's crew

I should get some clips of the 2 Rotties we have at the club. One is a K9 patrol dog. Small for a Rottie, only about 80lbs, but very very intense. The other is about 100lbs and strong as an ox.
Gunnar looks like he's doing great! :D

And I would loooove to see some Rotties if you get a chance. ;)

Members online

No members online now.