CERF help!

Romy

Taxiderpy
Okay, the breeding thread reminded me that I still need to send in Kaia's CERF paperwork for the exam was done last summer :eek:

But my googlefu is fail, or something, because I can't find the actual dollar amount anywhere on the CERF website. Only something mentioning that they'll match OFA prices?

Does anybody know how much I should make the dang check out for?

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
I found this... http://web.vmdb.org/home/CERF/FAQs.aspx

Q11. How much does a CERF examination cost?
Answer: Each ophthalmologist will have different pricing for their CERF exams. Please contact the vet for pricing in your area.
How much does it cost to register my CERF examination? For a new CERF the cost is $12.00 for a purebred and for a re-CERF the cost is $8.00. For a new hybrid CERF the cost is $15.00 and for a re-CERF the cost is $12.00.
So I think $12? You could just call them tomorrow and ask to be sure though.
By last summer you mean this past one, right? Because they are only good for a year, so hopefully it hasn't been over a year! =/

SpringerLover

Wherever you send it, the price is $12 for first submission and $8 if an eye exam has been submitted before.

Romy

Taxiderpy
Okay, $12 sounds right then. Yeah it was for summer 2013. I was an idiot and forgot to send her original one before her first litter otherwise it would be $8. Ah well.

I think that one may still be in my glovebox. lol

samshine

LOLsamoyeds
Do some research on OFA vs CERF

I can't remember the exact details, but I think the main veterinary ophthalmology association now works with OFA and sends their exams there instead of to CERF. Something about how they tried and tried to get CERF to operate in a way that would be more productive (?) but CERF refused to cooperate. So they jumped ship. OFA now tracks eye clearances and for a breeder would be more useful in my opinion.

Members online

No members online now.