Miss Lucy

meepitsmeagan

Meagan & The Cattle Dog Crew
Lucy is currently taking up residence in my home. I am fostering her through One Heeler At A Time, which is in southeast Indiana.

Lucy is most likely an ACD/smooth coated BC. She is an awesome dog, truly. Needs a little work on impulse control and learning to have an off switch, but other than that, she is great. Knows most of the basic commands, and we have been working (inconsistently) on down and recall. Sits are pretty solid unless there is a lot going on. She's great on a leash, good with meeting other dogs. Awesome potential to be a sports dog. Very biddable, pretty soft, definitely a people please'r. Great toy drive, awesome tug, loves to fetch. LIVES for her Kong.

I would recommend she go to a home without cats, as she does have herding instinct and a decent prey drive. Also, she should go to a home without any dominant females (males maybe as well?).

ETA: Petfinder link http://www.petfinder.com/petdetail/21482704

DSC_1499 by DJetzel, on Flickr

DSC_1524 by DJetzel, on Flickr

DJEtzel

She's definitely a gem! ;)

Meagan's not lieing about how awesome she is, she would make a great companion or sport prospect! :)

meepitsmeagan

Lucy went with me to the pet store today (with Josh and Harlow in tow), and met up with Danielle and Sir.

Wasn't expecting to make it into the store with her, as she has been known to be a little skittish and nervous, however, she freaking rocked the socks of me. She had awesome focus, pretty decent recovery time when she got distracted, and was very responsive to any command I gave her.

We worked on heels, sits, downs, and focus work/name recognition. She WAY exceeded my expectations. This dog will make somebody a great dog with just a little work. She needs to work on dog greeting (she is just a little awkward), but other than that, awesome.

crazedACD

Awww she is awesomely cute! What a gorgeous girl <3. Glad she is doing so well, have you had any nibbles on adoptions?

meepitsmeagan

Awww she is awesomely cute! What a gorgeous girl <3. Glad she is doing so well, have you had any nibbles on adoptions?
I haven't! I don't know why! She seriously takes everything in stride, and is awesome. Now that I'm getting to know her better, I am able to take her out and do more things.. so I'm hoping that will help to spark some interest. :) And she is gorgeous. I keep telling myself she will not become a failed foster. Lol.

meepitsmeagan

Some new pictures of Luce!

We've been letting her off leash at my family's lake off of the road, and she has done fantastic! She has really strong prey drive, so I was worried at first, but I've had no issues. She loves, loves, loves to play.

DSC_1903 by DJetzel, on Flickr

DSC_1914 by DJetzel, on Flickr

DSC_1927 by DJetzel, on Flickr

I <3 this dog.

DSC_1929 by DJetzel, on Flickr

meepitsmeagan

:D She's adorable, I'm smitten. Wherever she goes I want updates.
Sure you don't need another?

She was not feeling good as of last night. Had some gross poop accidents in her crate.. Taking a fecal to the vet tomorrow! Fun. Hoping it is nothing too bad.

meepitsmeagan

Lucy is going to Dock Diving practice tomorrow to see if she's got what it takes to be a Splash Dog. :D

This dog NEEDS to go to a home that will use her for agility. She is so freaking intelligent, super responsive and biddable, has drive like no other, and is FAST. FAST, FAST, FAST. Herding drive it there as well for those who want a mutli-use dog.

DJEtzel

Lucy is going to Dock Diving practice tomorrow to see if she's got what it takes to be a Splash Dog. :D

This dog NEEDS to go to a home that will use her for agility. She is so freaking intelligent, super responsive and biddable, has drive like no other, and is FAST. FAST, FAST, FAST. Herding drive it there as well for those who want a mutli-use dog.
And we will have pictures of her tomorrow! :hail:

meepitsmeagan

So Lucy had her practice Saturday morning! It went.. okay. She was very distracted by all of the other dogs, and I spaced and didn't bring proper toys. Plus the water was kind of cold. She went off the dock once, and seemed a little unsure after that. The trainer recommended starting on a lower dock, and building more drive for the water, so I think later this week we will be going to a lower dock and I will be going swimming with her a little.

I do think she has potential for this, though, with the time put in.

And now, pictures!

DSC_2200 by DJetzel, on Flickr

Ack! COLD!

DSC_2205 by DJetzel, on Flickr

DSC_2211 by DJetzel, on Flickr

meepitsmeagan

Lucy is consistently swimming now that it is warm! Going to try her off the dock again here really soon! Also looking to go to a Flyball practice coming up next month. Expect updates soon. :D

Someone here PLEASE adopt her before DH hides her away so she can never leave.

crazedACD

Lucy is consistently swimming now that it is warm! Going to try her off the dock again here really soon! Also looking to go to a Flyball practice coming up next month. Expect updates soon. :D

Someone here PLEASE adopt her before DH hides her away so she can never leave.
Lalala I can't hear you...lalala.

crazedACD

Someone (on chaz) please adopt her so I can have constant updates and I'm not adopting her two days after I move to AZ. That would be bad. :lol-sign:

If you still have her in....December as a foster and I'm doing well there and have a generous landlord, I will make her my Christmas present. ;) That's a huge if though ;).

meepitsmeagan

Someone (on chaz) please adopt her so I can have constant updates and I'm not adopting her two days after I move to AZ. That would be bad. :lol-sign:

If you still have her in....December as a foster and I'm doing well there and have a generous landlord, I will make her my Christmas present. ;) That's a huge if though ;).
IF that happens, you may occasionally see this:

meepitsmeagan

Luce is still looking for a home. I'm planning on getting her into an agility foundations class, just for some extra exposure as well as intro to the equipment.

SHE NEEDS TO GO TO A SPORT HOME. CHAZ UNITE, let's find her that perfect place.

I was planning on taking her to a Flyball practice tomorrow, but with gas at $4.15, it's just not gonna happen. I don't see her being a dock diver without TONS of practice and slow exposure.

Now, pictures.

Pool Day by DJetzel, on Flickr

Members online