What to do!

ACooper

My bed is REALLY high, I have to either leap in or stand on my tip toes and crawl in (I am 5 feet 6 1/2 inches) and Orson WON'T stop jumping up on my bed!

Normally not an issue, he's allowed up there. But with his neuter yesterday he isn't supposed to be jumping at all.

Closing my door doesn't help because then he just runs up and down the darn steps which he isn't supposed to be doing either.

So it's either keep him in his crate <not acceptable> or baby gate him into the back room <doesn't seem fair>

Any other suggestions for this little issue? I REALLY don't want him to rip himself open :(

noludoru

Bored Now.
You can actually stick a baby gate ON the stairs, depending on how they are built. If you have the type with a banister on one side, you can tie the gate to that side.

Buddy'sParents

*Finding My Inner Fila*
Yah, sometimes we have to do things that just don't seem fair. You could try only going to areas that he can be safe in.

Baxter'smybaby

swimming upstream
do you have a step stool or something you could use a "stairs" to get up to the bed? An ottoman or something could work.

PixieSticksandTricks

Athletic Labs. They Exist
Probley would be better to do than unfair thing than risk injury. Whats worse a pouty dog or a injured dog?

ACooper

sometimes you have to do things that arent fair ;)
I know it, I just like to be the COOL mom :D

Baby gate him from the stairs, or keep him tethered to you on a long leash.
Are you KIDDING! :lol-sign: I would be going wherever HE wanted to go.........and that probably means down the stairs head first! LOL

He is back in his crate grumbling and moaning :( Poor little man, this would be so much easier if he was actually feeling bad. Doesn't seem to have affected him at all.

Ya'll get no mopey pictures because there AREN'T any mopey pics to TAKE! LOL

ACooper

do you have a step stool or something you could use a "stairs" to get up to the bed? An ottoman or something could work.
Ooooooooooooh! I DO have a little set of steps I use to change light bulbs!

I don't know if he would actually use it, but I am going to find out!

Bax, if I haven't told you lately YOU ARE A GENIUS! *BIG WET KISS* <--To you :D

ACooper

Ya, didn't work :(

But it was STILL a great idea bax........Thanks for at least making me give it a thought, he may need them when he's old. :D

ACooper

It's a cute little wooden set of steps (2 steps) and the top step lifts open for storage, I keep a couple tools in it a battery screw driver and a little hammer, some duct tape and scissors <------all you REALLY need to fix anything, LOL

But anyway, I will NEVER get rid of that now just thinking about a dog being able to use it in the future. I think once Orson is all better I may train him to use it for "just in case"

ACooper

I took a picture of it to show you bax...........see? I should have thought of that LONG AGO! That's what makes you a genius, you think of the obvious! :D

Ya, didn't work :(

But it was STILL a great idea bax........Thanks for at least making me give it a thought, he may need them when he's old. :D
But anyway, I will NEVER get rid of that now just thinking about a dog being able to use it in the future.
Maybe keep it just in case for when Kevin gets old? ;)

Barb04

Super Moderator
When my dog at knee surgery, we took the mattress off the boxspring and put it on the floor so she could walk up on the mattress instead of jumping up high.

ACooper

Maybe keep it just in case for when Kevin gets old? ;)
OR ME! hahahahahaha

When my dog at knee surgery, we took the mattress off the boxspring and put it on the floor so she could walk up on the mattress instead of jumping up high.
Kevin would not go for that, but it was really nice of your hubby to accommodate the doggy like that :)

Members online

No members online now.