Thank You Chaz

For not being extremists!

For being able to talk about cropping/docking, spaying/neutering, breeding for sport, work, conformation, breeding sport/working mixes, going to breeders, going to rescues, training styles and so on like normal human beings who understand things aren't black and white, everyone has different opinions and people might think differently than you.

I was reminded today why I don't often step outside of Chaz. The rest of the online dog community makes us all look super mellow in here :rofl1:

We may have it out here but I think this community as a whole is so excepting and understanding and I love it.

For not being extremists!

For being able to talk about cropping/docking, spaying/neutering, breeding for sport, work, conformation, breeding sport/working mixes, going to breeders, going to rescues, training styles and so on like normal human beings who understand things aren't black and white, everyone has different opinions and people might think differently than you.

I was reminded today why I don't often step outside of Chaz. The rest of the online dog community makes us all look super mellow in here :rofl1:

We may have it out here but I think this community as a whole is so excepting and understanding and I love it.
Must agree!!! To the fullest, I've been other places where we were eventually forced to pat BYB's on the back and kiss their puppies or walk away, I left, and recently choke hold bullied by "the anti-bully campaigner of the century", hypocrite :rolleyes:, left them.
No, I really should have started here long ago and had the smarts not to leave, I've been all over the net and run into all the trash possible whether I got into it or just watched, and truly this is possibly one of the more sane places out there. You can spat with someone and walk away with no hard feeling, we aren't forced to coddle BYB's, and we aren't completely ruled by overlords or hypocritical witches.

Which reminds me, again, I've forgone the rules and gone lax on posting more pictures! I'm so freaking busy but must put that on my "to-do" list!!

BostonBanker

The rest of the online dog community makes us all look super mellow in here
Sweet Jesus, there are places crazier than this?! I may need to move into a cave. :yikes:

Also, I enjoy that my Random Question for this is "How many ears to dogs have?" I'm hoping it will accept "Two unless some dog-hating evil butcher decides to chop them off for vanity!"

Saeleofu

This, x10000000000000000000000000.

Chaz is now my ONLY dog forum. Period. I know I'll never be moderated, reprimanded, publicly flogged, or have my posts deleted for stating an opinion here.

Chaz is now my ONLY dog forum. Period. I know I'll never be moderated, reprimanded, publicly flogged, or have my posts deleted for stating an opinion here.
:hail: yes
:thumbsupsmileyanim: Yes
:cheers: YES!!!

In my greyhound research I mentioned the word breeder and intact in a group of rescue heavy people. It didn't go well.

Made me remember how much I love this place and how open overall everyone here is.

Love you guys!

SaraB

Totally agree!! I tried to stay on other forums once finding chaz, but every time I saw a bashing fest, all I could think was "this isn't how this situation would've gone down on chaz". I love it here, thanks chaz!

Oko

Silence, peasants.
I love this place because even when peopled do have an argument, it just bounces back. And everyone here is so well-informed and open minded, regardless of what their opinions are. So glad I found it. I do have a few dog forums I frequent but I love the atmosphere of this one the most. :D

Dakotah

Kotah BEAR

Ditto.
This is my only dog forum and 1 out of 3 forums I belong to.

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
True dat.

On my other forum, any thread mentioning things like prongs or shock collars (even invisible fences) is locked. I shouldn't be offended because I don't use nor recommend tools like that, so it's not like I have to talk about them but good gravy we're all adults and should be able to discuss or bring them up! Or when someone asks about spaying/neutering because their dog has behavior problems and I'm the only person that is realistic about it and says neutering is not going to fix every issue you have with your dog.

I definitely learn more from this forum BECAUSE there are so many different opinions being shared.

CatStina

SBT Lover!!
I agree, Chaz is really a great place for dog lovers! :)

Miss you over on the "other" forum, though! ;)

Saeleofu

I agree, Chaz is really a great place for dog lovers! :)

Miss you over on the "other" forum, though! ;)
You still see me here though! :D And honestly...I don't miss the other forum. I miss the way it used to be a few years ago, but I don't miss it in its current state.

and 1 out of 3 forums I belong to
Ha, me too! I'm also on Pangea and The Doctor in the TARDIS. Oh, and I guess there's the autism forum I moderate, but nobody really posts there. I check it maybe 1-2 times a week and I'm lucky if there are 3 posts in that time. So that doesn't count lol

Tazwell

I know I'm not the most active member on the forum... But I never miss a day of reading new threads and posts. I'm not an active member on any other forum. I've been here for years. I've learned SO much here, I can't even explain how much valuable knowledge I've gained because of the members here.

I <3 you guys :)

I've learned SO much here, I can't even explain how much valuable knowledge I've gained because of the members here.
Same here! I really love the variety of opinion and choices. It makes you face things you aren't used to and open your eyes while still not taking everything at face value.

Overall differences are met with a "Why?" rather than "TORCHES! BURN!"

Airn

Obviously I am new here so I haven't had the years to get to know everyone like most of the members here.... But I have already learned a lot. I know things I never knew I didn't know. If that makes sense? :rolleyes:

I'm no where near feeding raw or having a show dog, but I've improved quite a bit since I've found Chaz. I didn't think Milan was a bad trainer, I was completely against crates and feeding raw was so ew. Now, I realize a lot of things still aren't for me, but I understand why people choose to do these things.

I'm not on any other dog forum. To be honest, many members have scared me away from other forums. I don't respond well to people yelling at me and telling me I'm awful at dog ownership. Not really a great way to educate people.

For the most part, Chaz has been an awesome place. I have already made some friends and, again, learned a ton. I look forward to learning more. Watching puppies become agility masters or show dogs or whatever they're destined to be. I love the pictures and the stories.

People might disagree but at the end of the day, it's a bunch of chicks (mostly!) that just love dogs. And I like that. Chat is also starting to be a nightly ritual. So much fun. :lol-sign:

Chaz has been a great experience. Hoping it continues. :)

Members online