please settle an argument for me

Melissa_W

Buckshot said:
So if a child and dog were born on the same day, 7(365 days) later the dog would be 7 dog years old so then how old would the child be? 7 dog years? or 7 human years?

This is worse than that light speed question. If you were able to drive at light speed and you turned on your headlights what would they do. The best that I could come up with is that the filiment in the light bulb would glow but project no light...but thats for another thread

It would appear to you that the light coming out of your headlights was going the speed of light. It's the theory of relativity. Einstein said it best, of course.

``If I pursue a beam of light with the velocity c (velocity of light in a vacuum), I should observe such a beam of light as a spatially oscillatory electromagnetic field at rest. However, there seems to be no such thing, whether on the basis of experience or according to Maxwell's equations. From the very beginning it appeared to me intuitively clear that, judged from the standpoint of such an observer, everything would have to happen according to the same laws as for an observer who, relative to the earth, was at rest. For how, otherwise, should the first observer know, i.e., be able to determine, that he is in a state of fast uniform motion? One sees that in this paradox the germ of the special relativity theory is already contained. Today everyone knows, of course, that all attempts to clarify this paradox satisfactorily were condemned to failure as long as the axiom of the absolute character of time, viz., of a simultaneous, unrecognizedly was anchored in the unconscious. Clearly to recognize this axiom and its arbitrary character really implies already the solution to the problem.''

Melissa_W

LMAO... Well this time I have Einstein on my side! So good luck! ;)

Ok, I am SERIOUSLY going to bed. God **** me for coming back again. lol

The first year counts way more than 7, as most dogs are fertile way before they are a year old. King was a daddy of 8 before his first birthday. He's fixed now, BTW.

Members online