Can I re-apply frontline if I did it wrong the first time?

fwed

I gave my dog a bath and applied front line about 8 hours later when I figured he was dry however I still see fleas and after some research read that you need to wait 48 hours after a bath to apply so that the oils on his skin can return because that's how the frontline is distrubuted. Since it seems I may have not applied it effectively, can I put another application of frontline on him or must I wait a month?

I'm seeing about 4 - 6 very small fleas on him at a time. I remove them but they come back. In addition to frontline, I've used Bio carpet flea powder and sprayed my back yard with spray to kill fleas. Is this something that is just going to take time? I haven't noticed fleas on myself, and when I do find them on my dog they are the real small kind.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
THat would be a question I would not feel comfortable with an answer from anyone else but my vet.

I would be very careful. Frontline works because of its toxicity. I would contact your vet and maybe use something in conjuction with frontline that is safe to do.

Saeleofu

If your dog was completely dry, it should be applied and effective. The reps have told us that it can be applied as soon as the dog is thoroughly dry, and a dog can be bathed afterwards and soon as the Frontline is thoroughly dry.

You're still seeing fleas because it does NOT repel fleas, it only kills the fleas that are on the dog. Fleas don't have to bite to die, but as long as they have to be on to be killed, they usually have plenty of time to bite. You need to apply Frontline for a minimum of 3 months in a row to break the flea cycle. You WILL still see fleas as long as there are still fleas in the environment. Vacuum daily and throw the bag/empty the canister in the outside trash, wash all bedding, and consider treating the yard. DO NOT confine your dog to one room/area of the house, as the dog will act as a "flea magnet" and spread Frontline residue throughout the house, which will help get rid of the fleas.

puppydog

Tru evil has no pantyline
If your dog was completely dry, it should be applied and effective. The reps have told us that it can be applied as soon as the dog is thoroughly dry, and a dog can be bathed afterwards and soon as the Frontline is thoroughly dry.

You're still seeing fleas because it does NOT repel fleas, it only kills the fleas that are on the dog. Fleas don't have to bite to die, but as long as they have to be on to be killed, they usually have plenty of time to bite. You need to apply Frontline for a minimum of 3 months in a row to break the flea cycle. You WILL still see fleas as long as there are still fleas in the environment. Vacuum daily and throw the bag/empty the canister in the outside trash, wash all bedding, and consider treating the yard. DO NOT confine your dog to one room/area of the house, as the dog will act as a "flea magnet" and spread Frontline residue throughout the house, which will help get rid of the fleas.
You saved me one hell of a long type job. Thanks. :)

Staff online

Members online