Back

Dakotah_2009

OOO YEA SHHHAKE IT!!
Sorry I was gone for awhile. The computer messed up. Well as some of you know I will b moving to my dad's July 24th, on Sunday. I'm so excited! But I need some advice on High School........

Dakotah_2009

OOO YEA SHHHAKE IT!!
tell me about it...its pretty scarey thinking about going to hgh school. I need any kind of advice, friends to hang out with, what to wear what not to wear...some stufff like that.

Ash47

Taco Dog
It is scary to think about. But I tell you. I know you hear it millions of times, wear what you want and be friends with who you want! If not, you will terribly regret it in the future. High school goes by so quickly and you will be a graduate before you know it. Don't let Seniors intimidate you. They will try, they won't do anything. They just like to try to get to you. Don't let them. Ignore them, be more mature than them.
Wear what you think is cute/cool. Be friends with people that make you laugh and feel good and true to you.
Any more advice anyone??

Richie12345

uhh...... be true to yourself, do good in school, hang out with people you like, AND PARTY EVERY NIGHT, lol jk everything except for the last part, lol

Julie

I am back again.
Dakotah_2009,

I just wanted to say, be friends with the people who are true to you....
Wear what feels comfortable to you. Cause your real friends will not care if your clothes are "in" they will care about your feelings.

Many moons ago, when I was in 8th grade I hung with all the "in" crowd. They took turns on which person to "hate" that day. It was really a hateful crowd. When I started 9th grade I decided I would not give them the satisfaction of being able to hate me for that one or two days a month.
I blew all of them off, they couldn't believe I didn't want them as friends. Well needless to say I found a great group of friends and alot of the "in" crowd are now hooked on drugs or the like and have no real life.

And get this, my closest friends I made in the 9th grade, are still some of my closest friends, almost ....twenty few years later.

Good Luck,
Julie.

Dakotah_2009

OOO YEA SHHHAKE IT!!
Thank you so much everyone!! I will do as everyone says.. I will party every night, but just no drinking,drugs or sex! I'll take everyones advice and stay true to myself and have fun and wear what I want. Thanks again

Deffinately be yourself!!! Don't conform to what you think you SHOULD be, just be what you ARE. People will like you a lot more that way. Oh and whatever you do, don';t dress like a skank. The only people who enjoyseeing girls dressed like that are the boys seeking a good one night stand, the decent boys who are nice and don;t care about sex actually don't like seing girls dressed as skanks (so says many of my male friends). And remember, drugs are a waste of money and killer of life, sex is a waste of time and killer of life, alcohol isn't worth a dime and a killer of life, and school will lead you to greatness and friends and family will guide you there, make sure you put your priorities straight ;)

Oh ya one more, do your homework!!! I never did my homework in math class because i found it to be a waste of time and the lowest mark i ever got on a test was 84% anyways well I found out later that homework accounts for about 20% of our final mark so i really shoulda done it....oh well

Dakotah_2009

OOO YEA SHHHAKE IT!!
Thanks oc_spirit! I'll do my homewrok, oh and on my last report of my 8th grade year my lowest grade was a 90 I think, and I do pretty good in math cause its my favorite subjuect. I will also be who I am and not what anyone else wants me to be and I agree guys should like you for who you are not for someone you THINK you are. Thanks everyone.

Babyblue5290

Happy Meal. Yum.
I would start looking into careers and colleges! Colleges are important to look into right about now. You don't have to pick any yet, but if you have an idea of where you want to go and the requirments they have to get in your can make your schedule following the entry requirments.

Dakotah_2009

OOO YEA SHHHAKE IT!!
I have a couple of colleges I would like to go to, UGA and AUburn University in AL. But I really don't know yet.

avenlee

Dakotah, I have 16 yr old, (going into Senior yr. this coming Sept.) and she was having problems fitting in and what I told her is be yourself, don't get into trouble, mind your manners, study study study and .... If you come out of high school with just ONE true friend that sticks with you after highschool... your very lucky!

Good luck hun! just stick to your guns and don't let anyone tell you what to do and you'll be fine!

Members online

No members online now.