Neighbor's dog

colliekid

I love collies!
Okay, I'm not sure if this should be in health, but I'll put it here. I'm taking care of my neighbors dog, a yellow lab, female, about 3-4 years old. she loves to play fetch so I hit the ball for her. but for some reason, after playing for about 10 minutes, she'll start limping. Yesterday, she was making these weird crying/ yelping noises. She collapsed right on her face and couldn't get up. It was like she had no control over her back legs. Three to seven minutes later, she gets right up and bounds around like nothing happened. This is the third time this has happened. I'm going to talk to my neighbors about it. What do you think I should say? What do you think this is?

Zoom

Twin 2.0
I would point out that it's a consistant thing and how many times you have noticed it, so pretty much tell them what you've just told us. Make it straight and to the point, and don't apologize, because then they may think you had something to do with it. Sounds weird, but I've seen owners go nuts over less.

They definently need to take the dog to the vet. It could be anything from hip dysplasia to some type of seizure. It may even be a compressed nerve in her back.

frznbuns

Boy this sounds a lot like the problems my nephew was having with his yellow lab. Turned out that she had hip problems. your neighbors dogs sounds like it either has hip or back problems and should see a vet ASAP :eek:

colliekid

I love collies!
Well, I talked to one of my neighbors and she says they've noticed it before, a long time ago. They say they're going to have a vet check her out

H

h2304

Its having sezures thats what people do. Or it might be having a heart attack. Is it fat?

Members online

No members online now.