New bowls

Raika's Mom

Iggy and Kitty Mom
I got Raika new metal bowls this weekend because she has chewed up the plastic ones we had and she seems to think that these are her new toys. She will grab the rim and flip the bowl sending her food and water flying. We've been putting just a little water in and filling it a little as she drinks it, but the food has just been a disaster. We feed her in her kennel but she'll bring the food out and FLIP...there is goes...all over the living room floor...
she's such a little stinker!!!

Adrienne

Metal bowls are better than plastic anyways, they don't harbor bacteria like plastic does. Can you find a weighted bowl that she can't flip? Gunnar was such a stinker about his water bowl, pawing it, flipping it, etc. I finally had to get a rubbermaid bucket and set it up high on top of another to get him to leave it alone!

Susi

Hi Raiki,

I have never experienced this problem. Maybe it is because I have to high stands where the bowls are in. These are very stable and are good for them so that they dont bend down to eat. We dont eat from the floor we sit up straight for a meal. My friends have all started going over to bowls in stands, because they also had the bowl play problem.

Give it a try or make something yourself which you can attached to her pen outside at a resoneable height.

Susi

Fran27

My dogs have bowls in stands, and Tips was doing it anyway. However, he stopped now, for some reason. I haven't found a real solution personally, so I'm glad he did.

Members online