Welp. Just made the leap.

meepitsmeagan

Meagan & The Cattle Dog Crew
DH and I took our first steps towards building our homestead. We bought two Nubian goats to be future milk girls. One has been raised partially in the house with dogs as she was only a pound when born and needed to be bottle fed. The other girl was small as well and got a lot of extra handling as a baby.

<3 Given names from the farm are Daphne (sticking to their D year) and Matilda (the goat who had a lot of extra treatment). I'm not sure yet whether we will keep those names or pick new ones.

We were all dressed up for dinner, not typically what I would wear to the barn.

goats by sinnerinspurs, on Flickr

joce

Congrats!

I want meat goats! Don't have to get up early to milk those!

Kootenay

Congrats! They are adorable :) I love Nubians, they have the sweetest temperaments (and such fun colours!). Have fun with them!

SoCrafty

Congrats! They are so cute! I LOVE the name Matilda. How do the dogs like them so far?

hubby and I want to get Tennessee Fainting Goats someday - if we buy the lot next door, we will have a big enough area.

meepitsmeagan

Meagan & The Cattle Dog Crew
Congrats! They are so cute! I LOVE the name Matilda. How do the dogs like them so far?

hubby and I want to get Tennessee Fainting Goats someday - if we buy the lot next door, we will have a big enough area.
They are still living at the farm, at the moment. Not ready to be weaned yet. :) But, I expect everyone to adjust well, especially since Matilda grew up in the house around dogs.

Oh Fainting goats are super cool as well!

Members online