The Good News thread

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
Friends are awesome. Even of some of them are purely ones you only know online and not in person. I really don't know what I'd do without these guys. Not having Michael here would be unbearable without them. Being able to get online and voice chat with the group while gaming is one of the highlights of my week. These guys are great.

(Although my best friend has been out of town this week and I miss my fellow estrogen. Too much testosterone currently. Hahaha)

*blackrose

I just took a video sound clip of me playing my most favorite piece ever on my new piano....AND I DON'T SOUND GOD AWFUL. AND THE PIECE IS AWESOME.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I'm not amazing by any means. But I am so so so so so so so so happy to have a good piano again. And this music has gotten me through so much. Stressed? Play piano. Sad? Play piano? So happy? Play piano. This piece, especially. My heart pounds and I just get this tiny thrill and everything I'm ever stressed about just fades into the background.

I love my piano.

PlottMom

The Littlest Hound
My husband literally just said today that I can get a puppy.

This is probably not the best time for a puppy, but there's just such a promising prospect... with 0 chance of a rebreeding, and 0 chance of finding anything terribly similar.

:yikes:

MandyPug

Sport Model Pug
Finished my 5km race on Sunday in 33 minutes and places 12th out of 40 in my category and 85th out of 256 overall :)

Pretty awesome for me! I'm so not a runner, i don't find much joy in it honestly but i wanna do more races now lol. Having my boyfriend with me to help push me is the key i think.

amberdyan

Finished my 5km race on Sunday in 33 minutes and places 12th out of 40 in my category and 85th out of 256 overall :)

Pretty awesome for me! I'm so not a runner, i don't find much joy in it honestly but i wanna do more races now lol. Having my boyfriend with me to help push me is the key i think.
33 minutes really isn't bad at all! I didn't like running until I got into more and doing 5ks and 10ks : )

Babyblue5290

Happy Meal. Yum.
I just got my Buddy System today, I'm in love with it already!!! :D

It's a very pretty purple, the material is much softer than I thought it would be, all the snaps and lengths are just so perfect, and the sliding part moves more freely than I thought while not being too loose. I'm in love! :p

The only down side is I can't go running today since my lab starts soon and almost directly after I work. So much sadness. :(

*blackrose

Guys. GUYS. Tomorrow is May 1st. DO YOU KNOW WHAT THIS MEANS?

13 more weeks. THIRTEEN. That's like....two months after May. That's only 6 more times of me mowing my yard. 6 more times taking out the trash. o_O

We are almost done with this deployment!!!!! :banana:

It may not be until mid August, but current rumour is end of July. JULY, GUYS.

Sad thing is, if I'm this happy now I can't believe how estatic I'm going to be in June. Hahaha

PlottMom

The Littlest Hound
Guys. GUYS. Tomorrow is May 1st. DO YOU KNOW WHAT THIS MEANS?

13 more weeks. THIRTEEN. That's like....two months after May. That's only 6 more times of me mowing my yard. 6 more times taking out the trash. o_O

We are almost done with this deployment!!!!! :banana:

It may not be until mid August, but current rumour is end of July. JULY, GUYS.

Sad thing is, if I'm this happy now I can't believe how estatic I'm going to be in June. Hahaha

SO EXCITED FOR YOU!!!! And Michael, too, clearly. haha

while not as awesome as Blackrose's good news..... Clearly Canadian Sparkling Water met their pre-order goal and are going to start production again! Ben ordered 5 or 6 cases

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
while not as awesome as Blackrose's good news..... Clearly Canadian Sparkling Water met their pre-order goal and are going to start production again! Ben ordered 5 or 6 cases
I hope that makes its way down here, because I have been getting by with "Clear American" since they stopped making it ... so not the same :(

meepitsmeagan

Meagan & The Cattle Dog Crew
Today I took a position as a working student for an extremely talented dressage trainer here. I'm not sure what this means for my future, but even if it is just a summer "fling", I'm really excited.

ETA: And I know there have been questions in the past about whether DH was on board with a deal like this. And the answer is yes. We had a few conversations about it and this barn is within a very manageable driving distance and the trainer was more than willing to work around my working schedule.

DJEtzel

Today I took a position as a working student for an extremely talented dressage trainer here. I'm not sure what this means for my future, but even if it is just a summer "fling", I'm really excited.

ETA: And I know there have been questions in the past about whether DH was on board with a deal like this. And the answer is yes. We had a few conversations about it and this barn is within a very manageable driving distance and the trainer was more than willing to work around my working schedule.
Yay! So excited for you!

Members online

No members online now.