Camera Suggestions

JazzyTheSibe

Love is 4 legged word
So... I'm looking to get a new camera, and upgrade from my current one(which is a Olympus SZ-14).

To be honest, I'm not sure what I want... But, I guess, I kind of have an idea for what I want. lol
• DSLR is preffered
• Attachable lens are ok, and preferred. Not
• Size really isn't a issue.
• The more easier the camera is to use, the better.

Oh, and it would be best if it would be best under if was under 600 dollars.

Michiyo-Fir

If you don't care about changing lenses often or having big lenses, I would really recommend the Sony NEX series. For example, the NEX 3 and NEX 5 are good choices for casual shooting.

If you're into having huge zoom, or the capability to easily learn a lot more about photography while being able to shop used gear, any of the entry level Nikon or Canons on the market would be good choices. Since many people buy DSLRs without knowing much about them, many of the lenses and flashes end up on craigslist for good prices. There are a lot more used Nikon/Canon gear than Sony gear. I guess it depends on if you want to get further into photography, take lessons, learn online, etc, or you just want a camera to easily take pictures of animals on mostly automatic mode.

JazzyTheSibe

Love is 4 legged word
If you don't care about changing lenses often or having big lenses, I would really recommend the Sony NEX series. For example, the NEX 3 and NEX 5 are good choices for casual shooting.

If you're into having huge zoom, or the capability to easily learn a lot more about photography while being able to shop used gear, any of the entry level Nikon or Canons on the market would be good choices. Since many people buy DSLRs without knowing much about them, many of the lenses and flashes end up on craigslist for good prices. There are a lot more used Nikon/Canon gear than Sony gear. I guess it depends on if you want to get further into photography, take lessons, learn online, etc, or you just want a camera to easily take pictures of animals on mostly automatic mode.
Yeah... I'm looking more into getting a used camera, and equipment, than getting a new one.

I am looking into taking lessons, but mostly plan to take photos of animals.

Sekah

The Monster.
Almost all of my photos have been taken with a Nikon D3100 and its stock lens. More recent shots have been taken with a AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D. Both the body/stock lens and new lens are super entry level in terms of cost. I've outgrown the body and am looking to upgrade, but I've gotta say that I've gotten great bang for my buck with what I have, both in photos and video.

Post processing is your friend. :)

Members online

No members online now.