ummmmmm.... say what?

GoingNowhere

Aleron

Is it? It's pretty well done if it is - there was a whole video news story to go with it... albeit in Spanish so I couldn't understand too much, but still... and it was on yahoo mail news as well as here:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...urn-GIANT-RODENTS-steroids.html#ixzz2PtB9k2Av

ETA - I'm usually not bad at picking BS from truth, but this story has me so confused now!! Do fill me in!
This is the first time I've heard it with a ferret from Argentina but it's pretty spot on with the "Mexican rat" urban legends.

There's definitely some holes in this story. First off, ferrets aren't rodents. And the one in the picture is a pretty typical looking young angora ferret, no special grooming or steroids are needed to make them look that way. Male ferrets who aren't altered young can get to be pretty hefty. I knew one who was close to 7lbs in the winter. And the Angoras are sort of known for being larger anyway. And no amount of grooming would make a "regular" ferret look that fluffy, they just don't have that much hair. Angora ferrets aren't easy to breed and it seems if one would have to go through the trouble of breeding them, then injecting them with steroids...I don't really see how that would be easier or cheaper than just breeding toy poodles to sell.

Angora ferrets...

StillandSilent

I was once asked if Argon was a weasel. I'm really hoping that they were thinking Whippet and just said the wrong thing. :rofl1:

Members online

No members online now.