computer people...any ideas on this????

Debi

I have a strange problem. my computer keeps going online.....without me. lol I know...creepy, but true. at first I thought I was just forgetting to go offline. I come on in the mornings to check email...peek around...then most days I come back a couple times cause my daughter and I 'talk' all day thru email. so then I'd make it a point to be SURE I went offline, only to come back and it's connected. the creepiest thing was when I happened to be sitting in this chair just watching our photos that roll by when I go offline..til the monitor shuts down. yep...right before my eyes...it was suddenly dialing...poof, ONLINE again. I had the keyboard drawer pushed in, so it wasn't like I even bumped anything. obviously this is bad for me cause it ties up my phone line without me knowing it. ever hear of this? and any idea what I can do about it? or is my machine possessed? :yikes:

youhavenoidea

I love my Weimaheiny!
Any possibility someone has hacked your computer with a virus that will allow them to remote-access your machine, and hi-jack your Internet service?

Anything amiss in your history? Though if it were something like that, they'd probably cover their tracks as far as history goes . . .

But at the same time, they'd need their OWN Internet service, in order to remote-access you in the first place, effectively negating the whole point.

I don't know what to tell ya!

Nechochwen

profundus tergum
sounds like you have some sort of virus. If you don't already, download some good anti-virus like avast! (free for home users, you just have to register once every 6 months) and have it run a scan of your entire computer.

It doesn't sound like someone hacked your computer, in order for them to be able to do anything you'd have to be connected to the internet so they could access your computer; they wouldn't be able to make it connect without your wanting to do so.

A

Angel Chicken

Actually, your dial-up is probably configured so it automatically dials your phone line.

What Operating System are you using?

Members online

No members online now.