Puppy Invasion 2013

Torch

2013 is the year of the American Staffordshire puppy in the Smith household!!! Wahh!! I cannot wait.

Future puppy is going to be the second pick female and I have high hopes for her. Hopefully she will be a confirmation, weight pull, dock diving, or rally prospect (or all of those things!)

Honestly, I'm very open to whatever future puppy may excel at. My current dog is very laid back and an easy keeper. I've never had the opportunity to own a sport prospect and am very much looking forward to it.

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
I played with my sister's puppy (or, the puppy she currently has in her possession, anyway...how long it stays there...) today for about half an hour.

Oh. My. God.

I want a puppy. He reeked of puppy breath, he toddled around like a cute tiny thing, he feel asleep and wouldn't wake up for nothing, he investigated everything, he followed us around, he responded to us calling him, he played with a toy, he pottied outside and not on my floor, he let me play with his feet and ears and flip him over on his back and cradle him like a baby, he held perfectly still for his nail trim, he mouthed at everything, he said hi to the rats and Dameon, he said hi to Cooper...and did I mention he smelled like PUPPY BREATH?!?!?!

Puppypuppypuppypuppypuppypuppypuppypuppy.

Bring on 3am potty breaks, chewed up shoes, soiled carpets, crying in the crate, pulling on the leash, chewing on body parts, and being a holy terror...I'm ready for it! PUPPY!!!!!

Summer/fall needs to hurry up and get here. I need one of these:

I mean, seriously:

*blackrose

Super maybe potential future dam of Future Puppy:

Ch. Caladonia's Annie Oakley

Breeding plans are for fall of 2013. Sire unknown as of yet. But her temperament sounds like just what I want, she's gorgeous, and she's brown. I'm hoping that I'll be happy with the stud that's picked and I've finally found my breeding. Because I want this search to be over, already!

Zhucca

Lab Love
Super maybe potential future dam of Future Puppy:

Ch. Caladonia's Annie Oakley

Breeding plans are for fall of 2013. Sire unknown as of yet. But her temperament sounds like just what I want, she's gorgeous, and she's brown. I'm hoping that I'll be happy with the stud that's picked and I've finally found my breeding. Because I want this search to be over, already!
Is that a chessie? What made you change to chessie over lab?

Oko

Silence, peasants.
It's a well written, fun, informative book.
That said, it is very obviously marketed for performance puppies so much of it seems a bit lost on me lol I find myself skipping quite a few pages/stories all about agility pups

Sounds good to me! I want to do freestyle disc with future BC puppy, so that's totally up my alley.

*blackrose

Is that a chessie? What made you change to chessie over lab?
Yup, she's a Chessie.

Lab is still a possibility, but I was having a very, very hard time finding a Lab breeder that was breeding what I wanted type-wise. I also think I'd really like a more discriminating, protective dog and although both of my prior Labs fit the bill quite well, most Labs I meet don't. I've had much better luck with my Chessie breeder search than I have my Lab, so it looks like a Chessie may be it. The Chessie breeder I'm in contact with also breeds Labs, and there is a local Lab breeder whose son brings his dogs into the clinic, so I still have options for a Lab...but I think I'm going to go with a Chessie.

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
Yup, she's a Chessie.

Lab is still a possibility, but I was having a very, very hard time finding a Lab breeder that was breeding what I wanted type-wise. I also think I'd really like a more discriminating, protective dog and although both of my prior Labs fit the bill quite well, most Labs I meet don't. I've had much better luck with my Chessie breeder search than I have my Lab, so it looks like a Chessie may be it. The Chessie breeder I'm in contact with also breeds Labs, and there is a local Lab breeder whose son brings his dogs into the clinic, so I still have options for a Lab...but I think I'm going to go with a Chessie.
I saw a chessie today. SOOOO much nicer shape than the fat waddling show labs.

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
Well, the deed is done, so hopefully we will have a litter of little Finkie babies within the next 60 days :D
Little red finkie puppies...oh my the cuteness...

Who was she bred to? She's a co-own or some such arrangement, if I recall correctly (and I very well may not)? What are the plans for the pups?

Finkie_Mom

It's A Red Dog Revolution
Thanks, all :D

Who was she bred to? She's a co-own or some such arrangement, if I recall correctly (and I very well may not)? What are the plans for the pups?
Yes, she is co-owned with her breeder. He picked the male (CH Finkkila's Komea Nalle), and he did everything thus far in Texas (which is why she's not with me right now). She will be sent home to me within the next 10 days or so and the pups will be whelped here. He has a waiting list of potential buyers (some show, some pet), so once we know how many there are and if they are males/females, we will sort things out a bit more. Then of course as they grow, we can evaluate them to see about show/pet homes. He has a mixture of both on his waiting list.

If I end up keeping one, she (it has to be a she due to Pen's sometimes issues with other males) will hopefully be doing agility, rally/obedience, and maybe conformation.

But I keep telling myself that I'm NOT keeping one LOL :p

JessLough

Love My Mutt
Thanks, all :D

Yes, she is co-owned with her breeder. He picked the male (CH Finkkila's Komea Nalle), and he did everything thus far in Texas (which is why she's not with me right now). She will be sent home to me within the next 10 days or so and the pups will be whelped here. He has a waiting list of potential buyers (some show, some pet), so once we know how many there are and if they are males/females, we will sort things out a bit more. Then of course as they grow, we can evaluate them to see about show/pet homes. He has a mixture of both on his waiting list.

If I end up keeping one, she (it has to be a she due to Pen's sometimes issues with other males) will hopefully be doing agility, rally/obedience, and maybe conformation.

But I keep telling myself that I'm NOT keeping one LOL :p
Wait, they're whelping at your house? And you just got a new camera, yes? ...... :D

Finkie_Mom

It's A Red Dog Revolution
Hey. Hush all of you. I have willpower... Or something....... :p

So exciting!!! Cannot wait to see the little pystykorvat!! Will you be giving them Finnish names?
Yes!!! They will all have Finnish names. Not sure how I'm working my own kennel name in to there yet, though. Finkkila will be the kennel name proper, but I want mine (Loistava) in there somewheres..... I have time to figure it out :D

Red Chrome

So excited for this coming year. Sometime in Fall of 2013, Rumor or Deceit(Haven't decided on name yet) will be coming home, he will be an AST puppy. I'm SO excited. My first true Conformation dog and my first...hopefully dual titled dog in AKC conformation and IPO!!!

Already have been collecting puppy collars and have names picked out and everything!!

I love the Aussie puppies and can't wait to see the Finkie puppies!!!

Members online