Things you "have" to do...

Ok, thought I'd start a thread on weird things we "have" to do with our dogs and sometimes don't even have a problem with it!! I have a dog lover friend at work who let me in on something today. She was seeing this stray dog (kinda big dog -- part pit/chow) hanging around then one day she saw it laying in the front yard of a neighbor's in the dead of winter in the snow and sleet. She went out to see it and it took off all hobbling -- it had been hit! The next day she sees it laying out in the same spot! She goes out with a blanket and gathers him up and takes him directly to the vet (thinking he would need put down :( )

The vet calls her later and says "nope, he's fine!" Hip was dislocated, so they popped it back in and he was good to go. So, she takes him back home and is going to keep him. Only thing is... his "ballies" had gotten frostbitten :eek: ! So.......... guess what she had to do? Massage his ballies a lot while he was recooperating!!! As she said, "yeah, we got real close real quick..." LOLOL!

S

stirder

my brothers dog swallowed his 4 year old daughters lucky nickel. luckily she never touched it, just kept it on a shelf in her room. no one knows where she got it, presumably from on top of the washing machine, or how it became lucky. or in what ways it has braught her luck for that matter. but anyway, my brother had to fish through dog poo for a couple of days before he found it. washed it in bleach, then rubbing alcohol, then hydrogen peroxide a couple of times (incase it somehow ended up in her mouth) and now it is on a higher shelf.

bubbatd

Both VERY interesting !!! Even after all these years besides expresssing anal glands, giving mouth to mouth to new born pup, pulling paper towels frozen from a garbage raider's butt, I can't think of anything " weird" .....I did have a male once after trying to breed who didn't " retract" into his sheath properly so I had to cover it with a damp towel so flies etc wouldn't cover " it". Guess that was weird.... the female didn't tie ...he was more embarrased than anything....is that weird ???

bubbatd said:
Both VERY interesting !!! Even after all these years besides expresssing anal glands, giving mouth to mouth to new born pup, pulling paper towels frozen from a garbage raider's butt, I can't think of anything " weird" .....I did have a male once after trying to breed who didn't " retract" into his sheath properly so I had to cover it with a damp towel so flies etc wouldn't cover " it". Guess that was weird.... the female didn't tie ...he was more embarrased than anything....is that weird ???
Uhhh... YEEESSS!!! I think that's a bit more than the typical pet owner comes across! LOL!

poeluvr

bubbatd said:
dont get it?

aurorab

The only weird thing would be having to hand feed Mira... doesn't sound too bad, but I had to warm it, cut it into tiny pieces and some times smush it w/ my hands and then rub it on her gums and then try to get a little in her mouth so that she could get a little taste of it b4 she would even think of eating it. It took 3 wks but she is now eating out of the bowl on her own. It was just a bit gross and boy does dog food smell that close up. Everyone said that they never would have done it, just wwait until she got hungry but she was alread so skinny I just couldn't not do it.

poeluvr

bubbatd said:
Hmmm, Lea........let's just say that he was "swollen".
o i get it anyways i didnt get what sheath is, but now i know what your talking about, his special part..lol ok

Saje

Island dweller
- putting vit E on Mikey's stitches after neutering

- habitually looking at poop just in case there are worms

- letting them lick their bums and than my arms :rolleyes:

HORSES (soo many)

- cleaning out their special parts (I like how Lea put it) both males and famales

- scraping bots (fly eggs) off of their legs

- cleaning wounds

- getting up super early to start chores (uck)

there's more but I think those are some common things that animal lovers do without batting an eye

Irish

I think the key word here is "animal lovers". Us animal lovers will do anything for our pets and not be too horribly grossed out. For example, my neice, who is NOT an animal lover (she would never harm one or anything), will not pet my Bear because he OCCASIONALLY will roll in poop. I don't think he does it on purpose, he just likes to roll around outside and sometimes he picks the wrong spot. To me, its no big deal, put him in the bathtub and clean him off. But my neice has never forgotten it and when she comes over and Bear walks up to her, she says "oooh, get away from me poop dog". :rolleyes: Like I said, NOT an animal lover.

Irish... is that his own poop he rolls in by accident? That's better than the smelly, bloated dead animals Rufus used roll in and "pop" to get his "perfume" going! (oppossums or coons, mainly, but it didn't matter. Or he'd just roll in their feces). Or the fresh, wet cow pies in the field next door. Totally smeared in exrement or guts, and we would have to assign someone to hose him down and wash him. It was ME, quite a bit. WITHOUT GLOVES :eek:

Rufus would be so mad... thinking, "I did ALL THIS just to get gussied up for you guys and you go and wash it off!" :rolleyes:

Ash47

Taco Dog
LOL Eli. That is a funny story.

One thing I do, that doesn't bother me really. But it might would bother other people. I brush Precious' "britches," so that they don't mat up. And being "britches," they are right there at her exit, so some people might not want to do that. But, I refuse to clip them, so brush them it is!

poeluvr

the weirdest thing i have done,i guess. well it was dark i think poe was peeing outside but couldnt tell. i wanted to reward him if he was, so i put my hand under his belly. sure enough he was all over my hand..ewww

Members online

No members online now.