classes!

ohmai

Hehe, I'm taking Eikon to his first puppy socialization class in about half an hour! Ironically, I'm the one that's all excited and getting the butterflies-in-your-stomache feeling while he's jollilly prancing around downstairs. :D

juliefurry

Rusty but Trusty
I hope your puppy has fun. I like taking my older puppy to puppy classes, and I know he likes playing with the other dogs.

ohmai

Well I just got back from the class! What an experience as well! My puppy was so shy at first, didn't even want to go inside the place. I had to carry him in and down the stairs, he's getting heavy too! After his little shy episode, he started becoming his loud usual self. He was having a convo with another dog during the introduction, and during the puppy pass he was so rambunctious. I swear I heard someone say "he's like the energizer bunny", and I bet it was directed to my puppy, cause my puppy is the most hyperactive pup there. Kept biting and running around the people. The other dogs there were adorable, none of them bit people, only mine =| which was embarrasing, to say the least. Lol. There was this big rottie, even though she was a pup she was still very big. I loved that rottie, so adorable. Hmm.. what else. They tought us 'off' and 'take it', but my pup already knew that, just not from those terms. I used 'wait' and 'okay', I also taught my pup to look at me before he gets to eat the treat. So yeah! Bout it I guess. another class in a week!

Oh, I also noticed Eikon's a bit bigger now from eating all those milk bones for training!

Last edited:

Fran27

I'm sure the biting will go better eventually. That's why classes are for. If you can, tell him no when you see him do it. Don't be embarassed though, he's just being a puppy :) You will probably not learn that much there, but it's always useful to repeat commands with lots of distractions around.

I'm surprised they didn't start with sit, though.

Barb04

Super Moderator
Glad you first class went well. Keep us posted on his future classes.

Members online