I need some advice...

nedim

Peanut's birthday is somrtime this month, but the shelter doesn't have the exact day. :( I wanted to do something special for her (shopping,doggy portrait, yada yada) but I dont know when I should do it. Should I wait till the end of the month? :confused:

ANY SUGGESATIONS ARE MOST APPRECIATED

gapeach

Big Mutts
They know the month but not the day? We rescued Carey, when we took her to the vet the first time he said she was bout 6 weeks, so I just counted back from there, March 4th. I guess yours is harder, I'd say just pick a day. :D

I don't know my girls exact birthdates either. You could make Peanut a cake. I have a recipe if you'd like it.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Victor and i celebrated his found day on the first of April...it wasn't the day that i brought him home, it was the day i first saw his pic and knew he would be for me. http://www.chazhound.com/pictures/showphoto.php?photo=4708&cat=500&page=3 Mr Shaffer and Mary were at his party and they celebrated by having each a cheezy bagel (a cupcake wouldn't have lasted 2 secs) and i thought this would be more chewy and enjoyable..Mary managed to swallow hers almost whole anyway..there are two more pics in my gallery..one where she is licking her chops while the boys are still exporing thier treats..poor Mary...she never really tasted it either.

nedim

Thanks for the suggestions. I will celebrate her "A-Day" , but I was also thinking of going to petsmart each year and getting a portrait done to show how shes grown.

Gustav

Don't encourage me..
Or a Peanut paw print!! You get clay and pack it really well into a shoe box or another sort of container and get Peanut to press a paw into it. Then you fill in the depression with Plaster of Paris and when it's dry you will have your very own Peanut paw print!! Lol! :D

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Birthmonth? Now there is every dog's dream owner!!!!!!!!

Love4Pits

Playful Husky Pup
I make mini cakes for all my dogs on a birthday or a A-Day their meat cakes all doggy healthy and I put little candles in the birthday pups cake sing happy birthday to you (yes im a loser) and the birthday dog also gets a few new toys. I also take the special dog for a walk or run at its favorite spot all by its self just mum and them ;). Those are their special days its fairly cheap and they seem to enjoy it.

gapeach

Big Mutts
Pits and Gustav both had good ideas, that don't cost much. The pet potraits can be really expensive, especially if you get suckered into buying more than just the package :eek:

bubbatd

I'd stick to A-Day rather than B-day......that's when his life really began !

nedim

Love4Pits said:
I make mini cakes for all my dogs on a birthday or a A-Day their meat cakes all doggy healthy and I put little candles in the birthday pups cake sing happy birthday to you (yes im a loser) and the birthday dog also gets a few new toys. I also take the special dog for a walk or run at its favorite spot all by its self just mum and them ;). Those are their special days its fairly cheap and they seem to enjoy it.

Lol, I'm cracking up. I dont think its looserish to sing to your dog. I talk to my little crackbaby all the time and whats funny is, she listens.lol I call her my crack baby because a few minutes ago, she was sniffing the life out from under the door. She just put her snout against the bottom of the door and sniffed like crazy.

Members online