Isn't it sad?

juliefurry

Rusty but Trusty
I was going through some pictures of our dogs and I ran across the loads of pictures that I took of Hannah when she was just a little fry. When we first got her she was so little she could easily sit in my lap and still have room to spare. Now she has gotten so big that I wouldn't even think about letting her sit on my lap. Where does the time go? It seems like when they are teeny tiny you just can't wait for the day when they are old enough and you can go out for a few hours and not have to worry about them having to go potty while you are gone, then when that day comes you want them to be back teeny tiny agian. It's like your kids when their infants and you can't wait until they sleep through the night and can start feeding themselves, and entertaining themselves, and then they can do it and you want them to be the little tiny baby that got up every two hours during the night and depended on you for everything. I'm sure that lots of people on this site have had the same feelings, watching their little pups grow into dogs and it's nice but sort of sad at the same time. When they finally do grow up it's like you miss that little puppy cuteness about them. I didn't realize how big Hannah had got until I actually sat down and looked at her pictures and it's just like "where did all the time go?"

Saje

Island dweller
I don't have kids but I feel the same way about Maverick! The other two I got fully grown but maverick was just a ball of hair. A big ball but still... lol I don't have enough pictures of him :(

Barb04

Super Moderator
I love to go through all my old pictures and remember how all the pets looked as they were growing up. It always brings a smile to my face to see their puppy pics.

Fran27

I wish I had more picture of Boris too. I miss his cute puppy face but I don't think I will ever miss the puppy months though, lol.

Buffy changed more from puppyhood to adulthood than any dog I've ever seen. I remember looking at her and shaking my head and asking her what she'd done with that little puppy that used to live here . . . Shiva and Kharma have retained more puppiness - I can still see glimpses - or should I say ENLARGEMENTS (lol) of the puppies I brought home in those two, but there wasn't a trace of the puppy that was in my Buffy by the time she was 7 months old.

Bimmer was so much more mature from day one - almost like a dog peering out of a pup's body.

Members online

No members online now.