The dog musing/vent thread

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
I'm really starting to love Hank. It sounds terrible to say it but up till very recently I've liked and enjoyed him but not had much bond. We've had some really good quiet moments lately.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
Georgie is getting spayed tooooooday.

:banana::banana::banana:

I drop her off in about twenty minutes.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
Woot woot! Georgie is out of surgery, awake, doing well. Probably making all the techs ooze because I'm sure she looks like a little cuddly squish. They took off the dewclaw that had grown back too.

Now only a few more hours and I can go pick her up.

IF ONLY PEPPER COULD BE DONE NEXT

TWO dogs were just returned to the rescue. One has been in her home for almost 2 years, and the other for a little over three months. I hate people.

The one that got adopted just a few months ago was returned because the people got a new puppy that she didn't like. So naturally they return the dog they had first. And the other one that was in her home for two years was returned for 'submissive peeing'. She did not do that two years ago in the rescue, and she has not been observed doing that this time in the rescue, either. :wall:

teacuptiger

floor dancer
I... Want a corded Poodle.

Wtf is wrong with me? I am a sighthound person. I am a sighthound person. Sighthounds.

Gah.

pinkspore

Bat Ears Only
Still working on actually getting Uly to the vet because holidays and scheduling. Meanwhile he has been **** near perfect since the last time he went for Briz, no fights, no lunging in or out of the crate, no cat reactivity, nothing. It's like he knows.

Maxy24

This summer my aunt and uncle mentioned they were looking into getting a puppy, either a golden or lab. I offered my help in finding a breeder, saying breeder research was a hobby of mine. They took me up on the offer and I spent a few weeks putting together a golden list and a lab list plus gave them some information on each breed and what to look for in a breeder in general. Last I heard from them was in July saying they were probably going to go with a lab and thanking me for putting together the lists. Then today they sent me a message and they're in line to get a pup from a December litter (assuming the litter produces what they want) from one of the breeders I suggested, I'm so excited! Last time I went through the work of making up a breeder list for someone they ended up going to some crummy BYB instead so I'm so happy they actually went with one of the breeders I suggested. I SO hope there is a puppy for them in this litter. Plus I'm super excited to help with puppy stuff, it's been a loooong time since they had a puppy.

So it has been confirmed that perfect tiny heeler girl at the rescue is not pregnant. She is just really fat and has been put on a weight loss plan. I'm going to go see her again this weekend as long as she doesn't get adopted on Friday. She has the sweetest personality and I would totally take her if I could have another dog right now. She'd probably only be around 20-25 pounds once she loses all of her extra weight. I'm thinking she is a heeler/beagle mix. It's weird though because she has a docked tail. Who knows what she is, but I want her!

https://drpem3xzef3kf.cloudfront.net/photos/pets/30881332/2/?bust=1417027967&width=800

There is a huge billboard right down the road from me asking people not to castrate but to look into vasectomies or OSS instead. I wanted to take a picture and send it to all the techs that looked at me like I had lost my mind when I wanted Gimmick vasectomized

meepitsmeagan

Meagan & The Cattle Dog Crew
Tulsa is becoming SUCH a momma's girl. I LOVE IT!

This evening when we got back from our Thanksgiving rounds, I was in the bedroom after waking up from a nap. Josh let Tuls out, and she flies into the bedroom and mauls me with love. He calls her, she goes out to the bathroom real quick. In this time, I had moved from the bedroom to the living room and I was sitting on the couch, not easily seen from the door. She flies inside and runs STRAIGHT back into the bedroom. Josh goes "Mom isn't in there", so she runs out, sees me on the couch and just goes as fast as she can and leaps on my lap.

Seriously so awesome.

teacuptiger

floor dancer
I think I've been spoiled, hanging around forums like this with responsible dog owners.

My best friend, I love him, but gosh does he have some non-dog-savvy friends.

Ozfozz

Highbread Dingbat
I think I've been spoiled, hanging around forums like this with responsible dog owners.

My best friend, I love him, but gosh does he have some non-dog-savvy friends.
It used to be so difficult for me to keep my mouth shut around the piles of less-responsible dog owners I know. As much as it sucks I basically repeat to myself "not my dogs not my problem"
To a lot of people dogs are just dogs, not companions. Plus I'm sure I do a lot that other people deem irresponsible...Everyone's got their own definitions

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
Its amazing because responsible dog ownership is not rocket science, LOL. someone with a little common sense could own a dog, no problem.

the problem arises when, off course, the person has no common sense, or they get the type of dog that doesnt fit their personality or lifestyle (talking about dog personality, more than breed).

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Hank has been doing donuts around my yard at mach speed all morning.

Plus side, he handled 4 days of being dogsat well. I think he's got a little bit of pent up energy though.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
Yesterday I bought fleece to make dog coats and fabric to make new crate covers.

I found a hockey print fleece... and... I bought a yard of it. For my Baby Kaner who does not exist yet and I have no idea when he even will.

For the crate covers, I bought Bears fabric for Payton, Illini fabric for Auggie... and Blackhawks fabric for Kane.

This is not buying toys or puppy shampoo... this is a new level of crazy. Puppy fever. I has it.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Hank has been doing donuts around my yard at mach speed all morning.

Plus side, he handled 4 days of being dogsat well. I think he's got a little bit of pent up energy though.
Hank is still running circles around my yard.

I guess yay self entertainment?

Members online

No members online now.