Tips at puppy class

Fran27

Tips started puppy classes on Tuesday. It's the same place/trainer that we took Boris to, because I like her methods, although I have to admit it's less fun the second time.

There are only three other dogs. A lab, a rott and a sharpei. He seemed mostly interested in the sharpei, a little female who can't be older than 3 months, and is really cute. The lab is very lively, and was barking at everything and everyone, the rott was just fine.

Anyway, Tips was very shy. When the pups were free to go offleash, he mostly stayed at my feet. It's fine, it's just the first class and Boris was just the same, and got much better. The problem is that at some point both the rott and the lab went to see him, and I guess he felt overwhelmed because he barked at them so angrily that everyone looked at him. The sharpei was not happy at all with the lab either it seemed, but that lab was way too pushy I must say...

I'm just a bit worried that after that he will be much more careful with other dogs. I'm hoping that after seeing him 5 more weeks he will get more used to it though... He's just fine with other dogs when we take him for walks, but it's with Boris most of the time and I guess that Boris' enthusiam makes him feel it's ok, even if he's still a bit shy.

What do you think?

Members online

No members online now.