What are you sick of hearing in regards to your dogs?

Friends and family are ticking me off lately. I'm about to put a ban on having people to the house. The house is clean, the dogs are well fed, Percy is a bit on the goofy side, yes, but we're working with him. These are my top five, what are yours?

Things I am sick and tired of hearing about my dogs:

5) Wow, that's a lot of mouths to feed. How do you do it?
None of your business. They're all healthy and well fed, probably better fed than yours are. Keep your nose out of it.
4) How do you deal with all the hair?
I'm a groomer. What kind of question is that, seriously?
3) You know since they're rescues, they'll probably have a lot of health issues, right?
Yes. But love is unconditional. You still love your grandma with dementia? Your aunt with cancer? Shut up.
2) Wow. Percy is WAY too hyper for me.
That's why he's not your dog. He's a golden puppy, and its normal. We're working on it. You're not. If you don't like it, don't come over.

and the number one thing that I am sick and tired of hearing, and that people are going to start getting reamed for:

1) FIVE IS JUST TOO MANY!
MAYBE it is for you. MAYBE that's why YOU don't have FIVE dogs. We handle it just fine, thank you very much. Now, kindly butt out.

noludoru

Bored Now.
"Awwww, how big is he going to be when he grows up?"

"Can I pet your puppy!?"

:wall:

Friends and family are ticking me off lately. I'm about to put a ban on having people to the house. The house is clean, the dogs are well fed, Percy is a bit on the goofy side, yes, but we're working with him.

1) FIVE IS JUST TOO MANY!
MAYBE it is for you. MAYBE that's why YOU don't have FIVE dogs. We handle it just fine, thank you very much. Now, kindly butt out.
Okay, so, if people are complaining about Percy, I can take him. Strictly as a favor to you. Not because I want to keep him forever and ever or anything. NOT AT ALL. And we need to hang out. Let me know when you have some time - I miss you. <3

As to the last bit, tell them they can come back to visit when they are comfortable with you having five dogs. Until then, GTFO.

Saeleofu

What happened to his ears?!!?1!?
-He shook his head and they fell off. I taped them back on. Deal with it.

I've never seen a white boxer! Is he deaf/blind/crippled/rare/expensive/etc?
-White boxers are not uncommon, it's what happens when you breed for flashy markings. He is not deaf or blind or otherwise affected by his color (or lack of).

What are you going to do with them when you work all day!? (from my mom, EVERY WEEK when I end up working a full day on Friday, Saturday, and/or Sudnay)
-Same thing I always do. Either feed them and let the out before work and again when I get home, or take them with me. It's the same thing as LAST WEEK. Depending on where I work, it's either 8 hours or 11 hours. THEY WILL BE FINE.

He sheds.
-Yes, it is spring and he's a coated dog. He'd going to shed. That's what happens.

He's way too active.
-For you. Not for me. For me he's perfect.

COME HERE FLUFFY GO SAY HI TO THE NICE DOGGIE!!!1!oneeleventy!!111!1!
-NO. Just, no.

I know I'm not supposed to pet him. So I'll just stare him down, bark at him, whistle, make kissy noises, and do everything else I possibly can to get his attention.
-Do you even know the meaning of "distract"? Or of "DO NOT"? :wall:

Are you training him?
-He's my service dog. He's fully trained, but he's always learning more. So yes. And no.

How long are you going to keep him?
-Until he dies. And then I'll keep his ashes until I die.

CaliTerp07

"She'll grow out of it." ("it" being climbing fences, opening the pantry to pull food off the shelves, chasing cats, etc)

Um, no she won't. She's almost 9.

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
"EEEEK HE IS SO CUTE! IS THAT A MINI AUSSIE?!"
"/IS THAT A STANDARD AUSSIE?!"

No. There is no such thing as a "standard" aussie, he is a REAL aussie. There is no **** thing as mini aussies thank you very much.

"what a cute dog...my dog died 2 weeks ago..."

Seriously when did it become appropriate for people to go up to people with dogs and talk about their dead ones? Can you imagine going up to someone with a baby "we just lost our cousin..." SHUT UP. I REALLY DON'T CARE AND YOU ARE MAKING THIS VERY AWKWARD.

My friend Tom has an aussie, he used to x, y, z and blablabla

This is as mind numbingly boring as telling people about the dream you had. I don't know your friend tom or his dog.. nor do I care.

AWW You are so cute, what's your name?

Want an answer from the human? Talk to the human. But if you want to ask him go ahead, might not get an answer though.

He is so smart! I could never get my dog to ______

He is pretty smart, I also bothered to train him. Do not put your lazy owner syndrom and blame it on your dog. or put my hard work into the fact that he is just "smart"

How much did you pay for him?

Were you raised in a barn? when did this become appropriate conversation for STRANGERS. How much did you pay for that purse? Hey, how much were your hospital bills for that kid of yours?

Aww it's ok, I don't mind if he jumps

I do.

Can he have a treat?

Oh hi, cute child, I have some extra candy my pocket, can I offer your child one?
Seem weird? Yea, because it is. I watch what my dog eats and you are some **** stranger

Best case scenario it's some cheap grocery store treat and he can't have that anyway so...
no.

You have a CRATE?! Ugh I could never do that to my puppy

Please stop implying that because I have a crate, I don't love my dog.
First of all, he likes it.
Second of all, that's probably why your 8 month old puppy still takes regular dumps in the living room.

Is that a bow tie?! Oh poor dog! What a silly thing to make him wear

He's a dog.
He doesn't give a ****.
I assure you.

You shouldn't call him ______, that's so mean

Once again, he's a dog.
He does not understand english.

Is he dyed GREEN?! That is so cruel!

OH SIDEWALK CHALK AND WATER!
OH THE HUMANITY!!!!

Little Timmy, why don't we ask the nice lady if you can play ball with her dog or pet him since he seems so friendly

please stop using your child as a puppet. It's creepy.
Just ask me.

Where did you get him?

Planet Jupiter.

WHAT HAPPENED TO HIS TAIL?!

WHAT?! IT'S NOT THERE?!?!
OH GOD!!
WE SHOULD RETRACE OUR STEPS!!

'Whos walking who', as I walk Gage, Diesel and Bristol loose lead, while the jackasses boxer, on a giant chain leash drags him across the road to us o_O

'You can't seriously have a dog that big inside'

Yes, yes my 170lb dog is inside, he sit on our couch, sleeps in our bed and has better manners then your outside barking its fool bored head off dog does, but your right he belong outside.

'He must eat you out of house and home, my Lab eats 6 cups of dog chow a day, he must eat at least 10' (seriously can you imagine the poop?)

No actually he eats 4 cups of high quality food.

But my #1 most hated commet
"Where's your saddle"
Seriously if you can't tell the difference between a horse and a dog then Alberta is the wrong province for you buddy!

adojrts

#1 and always.

'You have Jrts? OMG they are so hyper.'

Yeah no, my dogs are not hyper, they don't need nor require hours of exercise to calm them down. They are NOT bouncing off the walls, if they were I wouldn't have them because I actually hate that. I just sold one of the pups to a world agility champion..........says he is THE easiest pup she has ever had (her first jrt) and loves his off switch. Loves how he is couch potato until it is time to work/play, then goes back to being a couch potato again.

"Awwww, how big is he going to be when he grows up?"

"Can I pet your puppy!?"

:wall:

Okay, so, if people are complaining about Percy, I can take him. Strictly as a favor to you. Not because I want to keep him forever and ever or anything. NOT AT ALL. And we need to hang out. Let me know when you have some time - I miss you. <3

As to the last bit, tell them they can come back to visit when they are comfortable with you having five dogs. Until then, GTFO.
NO. ROFL. I know what you're trying to do. Teh ridiculous Golden-ness shall stay, if not because I love him like a fat kid loves cake, then because he pisses people I don't like off. :D

Yes. We do need to hang out. WHEN?!

Saeleofu

He's a dog.
He doesn't give a ****.
I assure you.
The correct answer is actually "Bow ties are cool." ;)

Panzerotti

I just sold one of the pups to a world agility champion..........says he is THE easiest pup she has ever had (her first jrt) and loves his off switch. Loves how he is couch potato until it is time to work/play, then goes back to being a couch potato again.
I have nothing to add other than I love this!!!!

"EEEEK HE IS SO CUTE! IS THAT A MINI AUSSIE?!"
"/IS THAT A STANDARD AUSSIE?!"

No. There is no such thing as a "standard" aussie, he is a REAL aussie. There is no **** thing as mini aussies thank you very much.

"what a cute dog...my dog died 2 weeks ago..."

Seriously when did it become appropriate for people to go up to people with dogs and talk about their dead ones? Can you imagine going up to someone with a baby "we just lost our cousin..." SHUT UP. I REALLY DON'T CARE AND YOU ARE MAKING THIS VERY AWKWARD.

My friend Tom has an aussie, he used to x, y, z and blablabla

This is as mind numbingly boring as telling people about the dream you had. I don't know your friend tom or his dog.. nor do I care.

AWW You are so cute, what's your name?

Want an answer from the human? Talk to the human. But if you want to ask him go ahead, might not get an answer though.

He is so smart! I could never get my dog to ______

He is pretty smart, I also bothered to train him. Do not put your lazy owner syndrom and blame it on your dog. or put my hard work into the fact that he is just "smart"

How much did you pay for him?

Were you raised in a barn? when did this become appropriate conversation for STRANGERS. How much did you pay for that purse? Hey, how much were your hospital bills for that kid of yours?

Aww it's ok, I don't mind if he jumps

I do.

Can he have a treat?

Oh hi, cute child, I have some extra candy my pocket, can I offer your child one?
Seem weird? Yea, because it is. I watch what my dog eats and you are some **** stranger

Best case scenario it's some cheap grocery store treat and he can't have that anyway so...
no.

You have a CRATE?! Ugh I could never do that to my puppy

Please stop implying that because I have a crate, I don't love my dog.
First of all, he likes it.
Second of all, that's probably why your 8 month old puppy still takes regular dumps in the living room.

He's a dog.
He doesn't give a ****.
I assure you.

You shouldn't call him ______, that's so mean

Once again, he's a dog.
He does not understand english.

Is he dyed GREEN?! That is so cruel!

OH SIDEWALK CHALK AND WATER!
OH THE HUMANITY!!!!

Little Timmy, why don't we ask the nice lady if you can play ball with her dog or pet him since he seems so friendly

please stop using your child as a puppet. It's creepy.
Just ask me.

Where did you get him?

Planet Jupiter.

WHAT HAPPENED TO HIS TAIL?!

WHAT?! IT'S NOT THERE?!?!
OH GOD!!
WE SHOULD RETRACE OUR STEPS!!
Seriously BWAHAHAHAHAHA I'm dieing!
I can relate, when I made Bristol pink I had so many people say I was cruel, it was five extra minutes in the tub between shampoo and conditioner to the the hair STAIN stain the hair...but she is clearly traumatized!

And 'does she like it?' Yes, she she does I asked! My husband told one person that he emailed her and asked, she replied yes, the guy said, oh good o_O

And now that you mention it, wtf is it with people telling you about your dead dogs as they maul your live one?

I forgot one!

Please don't pick Bristol up, she doesn't like it, she won't bite, she is just not happy and tries to bail, sit in a chair and she will more than happily enough jump up in the chair for you to maul her, she will even give you puppy hugs and kisses.

Then they proceed to pick her up and exclaim "oh she doesn't mind when *I do it" why yes her flat tail and limp body scream "I'm happy"!

Jenne

Ball Thrower
I'm tired of hearing that spaniels are aggressive/always "turn" on their owners/attack children. Also, I'm tired of people telling me I'm cruel for having docked his tail. I didn't do it, I had no say in the process. He came like that. Also, if one more person tells me I should breed him to a poodle, I'll punch them in the face.

Brattina88

I'm sure there are more.... But the one I am most peeved about right now is strictly for Maddie:

"How old is she?" And when I answer she'll be 11 next month "Wow she looks good for her age. My cocker only lived until (insert age under 10 here) " and then tells me how sick they were or what ailment took them. STOP IT. JUST STOP!!!!!I DON'T WANNA HEAR IT !!:mad: *plugs ears* lalalalala

And from non-strangers (family mostly) about her hearing loss, because there's no hiding it now. "Oh it will be terrible if she loses sight in her other eye and her hearing. To be totally blind and deaf" no friggin duh :mad:

Tazwell

"German shepherd / dobe mix, right?" Or, "I KNOW he's half German shepherd, what's the other half?"
"He's a Beauceron."
"Wow, what's that a mix of?!"

Every. Single. Time.

Or, "Look at his feet, they're huge!!"

I know it's not fair to get annoyed by those comments, but we go out every day, and hear those things every day. It gets old. I'm aware how big his feet are, and yes, beauceron is a breed.

"German shepherd / dobe mix, right?" Or, "I KNOW he's half German shepherd, what's the other half?"
"He's a Beauceron."
"Wow, what's that a mix of?!"

Every. Single. Time.

Or, "Look at his feet, they're huge!!"

I know it's not fair to get annoyed by those comments, but we go out every day, and hear those things every day. It gets old. I'm aware how big his feet are, and yes, beauceron is a breed.
I had a guy argue with me that there was no way my then 8 year old Shiba Inu was going to stay that size,she was 8 years old.

Members online