Gardens!

Kootenay

How about a 2015 home/garden/farm thread? I'd love to see what other people are up to at their places! Lots of pictures, please :)

Last edited:
Does this link work?

https://www.facebook.com/nearmstrong/media_set?set=a.10205035917650471.1073741854.1618549598&type=3

I am really behind in my gardens this year. Between the foster kittens, getting my soap business going, events, etc I just havent had nor made the time. Veggies are all really late but I got a lot of cool season stuff in earlier. First year I had a nice crop of spinach as it tends to be tricky for me.

Flowers I had plans, lots of plans....those are on hold til next year for the most part:/

And if anyone wants to see what last year looked like
https://www.facebook.com/nearmstrong/media_set?set=a.10202592918137010.1073741841.1618549598&type=3

I take a lot of pics so sorry. I use the albums as my journal so try to take pics about weekly to document the changes

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
I put some up in my ongoing wannabee farm thread a while ago, but can probably find some more for here. Or go take some, ha. Right now I am head to toe exhausted from hauling compost...

Kat09Tails

*Now with Snark*
It's been a bit of a work in progress in a year of works in progress but here are a few pics of some of the flowers I've been working with. It it apparently the year of the two toned flowers.

Kootenay

Greenmagick, yep those links worked, nice!

Gorgeous flowers, Kat09Tails :)

We have a bit of a short growing season, so even though we've had a warm spring, things still aren't as far along as some of you guys!

Half the garden from up above (no wide angle makes it hard to take full garden pictures!)

Mixed greens and beets

Beans!

Peas

Big raspberry patch

Lots of potatoes

Strawberries! I ate the first one the other day

Chard

Little carrots coming along

A few more...

Kootenay

Squash patch - unknown winter squash, zucchini and yellow crookneck. Also you can see a few of the TONS of volunteer sunflowers that popped up everywhere.

And a columbine picture just because they're so pretty

We also have asparagus, cucumber, more lettuce and spinach on the way, a singular tomato plant (failed on that one), and maybe some peppers? The boyfriend just built a greenhouse this spring, and I put some sad looking pepper starts in there as well as more cucumbers.

We also have some sweet baby chicks!

milos_mommy

Reviving this thread for a few questions...I really need to get some pics!

I have a large raised bed outdoors, and am growing tomatoes, various lettuces, peas, beans, corn, squash, and hot peppers.

I'm assuming it has to do with the weather (it didn't get warm/hot here until much later than usual), but my plants are taking FOREVER to grow crops. Even the crops that are existing are taking forever to mature - longer than usual/the books say/etc. Is this solely because of weather?

Also, I planted an indoor (potted) tomato months and months ago (I think January/February, I forget). I used a bag of seeds and planted multiple seeds from the same bag. The plant grew quickly and is now quite large, but indoors, it never flowered or produced fruit. I'm not sure if this is a fertilization issue?? I just moved the plant outside next to my in-ground tomatoes, so I'm hoping that helps. But I wanted to have fruit indoors for a longer season/even in winter, so...help?!?

Kootenay

Reviving this thread for a few questions...I really need to get some pics!

I have a large raised bed outdoors, and am growing tomatoes, various lettuces, peas, beans, corn, squash, and hot peppers.

I'm assuming it has to do with the weather (it didn't get warm/hot here until much later than usual), but my plants are taking FOREVER to grow crops. Even the crops that are existing are taking forever to mature - longer than usual/the books say/etc. Is this solely because of weather?

Also, I planted an indoor (potted) tomato months and months ago (I think January/February, I forget). I used a bag of seeds and planted multiple seeds from the same bag. The plant grew quickly and is now quite large, but indoors, it never flowered or produced fruit. I'm not sure if this is a fertilization issue?? I just moved the plant outside next to my in-ground tomatoes, so I'm hoping that helps. But I wanted to have fruit indoors for a longer season/even in winter, so...help?!?
Sorry I couldn't be of help...I hope things are going better now!

Our garden is doing well, we're starting to harvest beets, carrots, zuchini, and even a few baby potatoes the other day. The raspberries are just about done, but we have loads of them in the freezer.

All the millions of volunteer sunflowers are blooming like crazy, between them and the squash plants crawling everywhere, it is turning into quite the jungle in there!

You can kind of see the carrot beds, and hidden amongst all the sunflowers there are beets and lettuce, kale, swiss chard, onions, and you can see the beans climbing in the middle of the garden. Obviously lots of squash everywhere, I think some of the plants are pumpkins (there were a lot of volunteer squash too).

Squash climbing the fence

milos_mommy

My plants started producing! They're late but prolific. I have dozens of cherry tomatoes and the big guys are still working. Enough chiles that I think I need to dry or pickle them and I'm drowning in kale. Enough veggies to serve as a side salad a few nights a week :)

My originally indoor tomato still isn't doing anything, though :(

Members online

No members online now.