The musing thread

JacksonsMom

I didn't walk either. I've never really understood the ceremony type things or liked them. I would much rather go out to dinner with family and friends instead of participate in a stupid ceremony that is boring for everyone and that you barely get to spend quality time with the people that are there for you, I realize most people go do something after but I would just rather not waste my time doing the ceremony in the first place.

I also don't understand weddings and won't be having one. They are soooo expensive, I don't enjoy them, and idk I don't like the being the center of attention so formally thing either. So maybe that is part of my dislike of ceremonies? But seriously I would rather spend my time with people at like a house party or dinner that doesn't cost much money and you get more quality time with people. I also would rather save the money that people spend on weddings and put it towards a house or something.

I feel like I'm the only one that hates these things..
Nope, I am the SAME way....

I did walk at high school graduation but it was more just... because it's 'tradition' or w/e and to make my family happy to see me walk across the stage but really I wouldn't have cared less if I had to miss it. No desire for a wedding either. If/when I get married, I'd prefer to do it privately, or a court house etc. I would rather spend my money on something else personally.

meepitsmeagan

Meagan & The Cattle Dog Crew
Nope, I am the SAME way....

I did walk at high school graduation but it was more just... because it's 'tradition' or w/e and to make my family happy to see me walk across the stage but really I wouldn't have cared less if I had to miss it. No desire for a wedding either. If/when I get married, I'd prefer to do it privately, or a court house etc. I would rather spend my money on something else personally.
I do think walking at graduation is a really neat experience. I even gave a speech in high school. :) And after working my butt off in college, I'm really looking forward to walking across that stage in gold and black. However- I totally get how some people think it is dumb.

As far as weddings go, so overdone. We threw a suuuuuper small wedding and I don't regret it at all. It was awesome even though it made a lot of people mad. Because we didn't do anything huge we had money to move out west. :)

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
These last few weeks are going to be as freaking hard as the first weeks were of the deployment.

Omigosh, I'm so excited and anxious I can hardly stand it. Arrrrrrrrgh! 6-7 more weeks!! :cheers: I'm going to be a freaking mess next month!

My brain just kind of spazzes out when I think about it. Which of course normally happens right before I go to bed and I get all wound up and can't sleep. (Thus this post.)

I don't even know what I'm going to do with myself when he comes back, I've gotten so used to my routine with him being gone.

FG167

We threw a suuuuuper small wedding and I don't regret it at all. It was awesome even though it made a lot of people mad. Because we didn't do anything huge we had money to move out west. :)
We did too! I loved it! We got married at the courthouse here in GA and then had a "real" ceremony at my parents' place in MI (more for my Mom than anything). The whole thing lasted an hour, from people arriving, the ceremony, to us leaving. I spent 8 hours getting photos taken afterwards and it was SO WORTH it. I LOVE our wedding photos. LOVE LOVE. I don't regret the small wedding in any way, or the courthouse wedding.

Sharing because I'm obsessed with them :)
6-Markow Wedding - Josh & Falon @ the River-27 by Falon Gray Markow, on Flickr

*blackrose

Today was a very unproductive day. And I don't know how I feel about that. I accomplished nothing. I did nothing. I played Stick of Truth for literally 6 hours this evening. I read a book. I watched TV. I ate nothing but cereal and goldfish crackers. And an apple.

Today was just a very blah day. It started off good. Then some things happened and it just went downhill and put me in a really bad mood with no desire to do anything. So I didn't.

And now I'm going to bed and feel almost worse than I did this morning because I *didn't* do anything.

Oh, well. Stick of Truth was fun, at least. And I got in a lot of cuddles with the kitties.

frostfell

Kung Pow Fish
Bingeing the rest of Sense8 that I didnt get to last week.

I have to wonder, when someone is mentally with somebody else, what is their body back in their real location doing. standing around drooling adn staring off into space? lol

teacuptiger

floor dancer
I miss my ex-best friend a lot tonight. Mostly just texting the crap out of him while I watch stupid movies. I wanna cry cuz I miss him, and I wanna laugh at this movie that just makes me miss him more.

Ugh.

milos_mommy

Missing ex-best-friends sucks a lot ((hugs)). I feel that, a lot.

Ok...is it just me or is it REALLY weird when people post personal medical stuff on FB? Like...I understand *some* of the oversharing on FB....like posting a pregnancy update every day or all your wedding planning deals or asking for vibes with your mom who has cancer. I get it. It's on your mind a lot, you want to share with the world, you want sympathy or prayers or whatever...I really get it.

Being like "I'm having XYZ symptoms and I'm getting some tests done and doctors think I might have this or that" (especially when it's nothing TERRIBLY serious where it's affecting your ability to otherwise communicate or keep up with commitments), is weird, right??

Missing ex-best-friends sucks a lot ((hugs)). I feel that, a lot.

Ok...is it just me or is it REALLY weird when people post personal medical stuff on FB? Like...I understand *some* of the oversharing on FB....like posting a pregnancy update every day or all your wedding planning deals or asking for vibes with your mom who has cancer. I get it. It's on your mind a lot, you want to share with the world, you want sympathy or prayers or whatever...I really get it.

Being like "I'm having XYZ symptoms and I'm getting some tests done and doctors think I might have this or that" (especially when it's nothing TERRIBLY serious where it's affecting your ability to otherwise communicate or keep up with commitments), is weird, right??
I don't really care what people decide to post. But yes I think some stuff that people choose to post is a bit strange.

Currently, I am reading all about the chronicle stories of the life of someone from my schools toe fungus /ingrown nail and her attempts to get rid of it.

teacuptiger

floor dancer
I have a feeling that if you feel the need to suggest foods to your child that they dislike, and then ask them if they have an eating disorder when they turn those foods down in favor of something they DO like (which they proceed to get and make themselves)... You need to reevaluate your relationship with your child.

Ozfozz

Highbread Dingbat
The new Stephen King mini-series 11/22/63 is being filmed partly in the little village where I live.
My town is so small that it doesn't even show up under the right name on Google Maps (it is combined with the slightly larger neighbouring village).

My friend's in-laws own the garage in the neighbouring village, they were offered $100,000 for use of it in the show and they declined. Now it's up here at our former local garage.

It'll be cool to see my home-town in a real tv show, but I'm sure it'll be a huge pain in the ass as my street has now become the detour street -_-

*blackrose

The new Stephen King mini-series 11/22/63 is being filmed partly in the little village where I live.
My town is so small that it doesn't even show up under the right name on Google Maps (it is combined with the slightly larger neighbouring village).

My friend's in-laws own the garage in the neighbouring village, they were offered $100,000 for use of it in the show and they declined. Now it's up here at our former local garage.

It'll be cool to see my home-town in a real tv show, but I'm sure it'll be a huge pain in the ass as my street has now become the detour street -_-
:yikes: Dude. That's like....2.5 years salary for me (and by me, I mean DH and I's income combined). I can't even imagine turning that down!!!!! lol

Ozfozz

Highbread Dingbat
:yikes: Dude. That's like....2.5 years salary for me (and by me, I mean DH and I's income combined). I can't even imagine turning that down!!!!! lol
I know right! They're crazy, and the new guys that own the garage up here are definitely lucking out! They don't run a business or live there, so it's like "oh no we can't use our clubhouse for a month"

Due to the recent uptick in English angora specific inquiries, this rescue has decided to halt all adoptions of English Angora rabbits until further notice. We are not a breed specific angora rabbit rescue! We are still accepting owner surrenders of English Angoras, but they will remain in foster homes until the current fad subsides. Thank you for your understanding:)
Explain that one to me?

:rolleyes:

I just started the show Scandal but then found out it was by Shonda Rhimes, who also is the same person who writes Grey's Anatomy... if Scandal is half as sad as Grey's Anatomy I might as well stop now.

Ozfozz

Highbread Dingbat
So Josh and I finally ended it last Friday/Saturday. Not the way I would have liked it to go, but the effect was still the same.
It's fairly depressing how quickly I seem to have gotten over it all, but I guess that just means we dragged it on for far too long as it was. Not to say I wasn't devastated for the first couple days, but now it's fine. As far as I know we're not on bad terms.

It was just long distance for so long, and neither of us seemed willing or able to change the living situation for at least another little while.
So to preserve our well-beings we just drifted apart.

Either way, things are moving forward and up. First time being single in like 9 years realistically (have traditionally been a bit of a serial long-term-relationship person) so I mean this should be fun? lol
Oh and interview/skills assessment today! So yay maybe new job!

amberdyan

So Josh and I finally ended it last Friday/Saturday. Not the way I would have liked it to go, but the effect was still the same.
It's fairly depressing how quickly I seem to have gotten over it all, but I guess that just means we dragged it on for far too long as it was. Not to say I wasn't devastated for the first couple days, but now it's fine. As far as I know we're not on bad terms.

It was just long distance for so long, and neither of us seemed willing or able to change the living situation for at least another little while.
So to preserve our well-beings we just drifted apart.

Either way, things are moving forward and up. First time being single in like 9 years realistically (have traditionally been a bit of a serial long-term-relationship person) so I mean this should be fun? lol
Oh and interview/skills assessment today! So yay maybe new job!
I'm sorry that it ended, but I'm glad it ended on a good note. I let a long distance relationship go on too long once (we worked together over the summer and then decided to stay together once we moved apart) and it just ended poorly. We just kept trying to push it until we were sniping at each other all the time and now we're not friends. Hopefully you enjoy the single life for a little while! : )

Ozfozz

Highbread Dingbat

Something I just realized, thanks to the "On this Day" app on Facebook. This week in August is traditionally really bad for me for some reason. Most of my memories seem to involve me screwing something up.
And my ex and I broke up this week 6 years ago too lol. Kinda odd.

Members online

No members online now.