Menstrual cups

Miakoda

Reading all this makes me realize that my hysterectomy four weeks ago was the absolute best surgery I've ever had. Of course I really didn't have a choice, but I have so many people offering me sympathy and I just want to sing and dance in happiness. LOL

Fran27

So I agreed on a playdate at the water park tomorrow and OF COURSE my period started today. So I'm panicking.

Tried it again and again... I don't think it opened properly :( I don't know what I'm going to do... I don't think I've ever managed to get the thing to open...

stardogs

Behavior Nerd
Have you tried different folds? I was just talking to someone yesterday who had similar issues with opening but once she tried the seven fold I suggested vs the C fold she had been using, she had no issues.

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
For me... It took some internal exploring LOL but I got it figured out.

But I just finished my period and it was so much easier this time. Usually I start spotting DAYS before and after my heaviest day it spots for days after. This time I spotted one day before my heavy flow and only three days after!!!!!

Fran27

Well I thought I had it right last night but it leaked a bit... so I tried to take it out. Took me 10 minutes and I put blood all over, couldn't get my fingers deep enough to grab it.

Tried again for 30 minutes to put it in... goes in just fine, doesn't open at all. I really think I'm too tight. By now I'm raw and scratched all over down there too and it hurts... I'm so frustrated and the kids are going to hate me because there's just no way I can do the waterpark without it.

Last edited:

Grab

Well I thought I had it right last night but it leaked a bit... so I tried to take it out. Took me 10 minutes and I put blood all over, couldn't get my fingers deep enough to grab it.

Tried again for 30 minutes to put it in... goes in just fine, doesn't open at all. I really think I'm too tight. By now I'm raw and scratched all over down there too and it hurts... I'm so frustrated and the kids are going to hate me because there's just no way I can do the waterpark without it.
Can you do a tampon? (Sorry if that answer is elsewhere in the thread)

milos_mommy

Does the one you use come in multiple sizes? I still use the size 1 diva cup after giving birth, I think it has more to do with cervix size but if you go smaller it might help

Fran27

Does the one you use come in multiple sizes? I still use the size 1 diva cup after giving birth, I think it has more to do with cervix size but if you go smaller it might help
I forgot what size cup I have, I bought it ages ago lol. If I try again I'll try to find an easier one maybe. Seriously, I'm still horribly sore tonight, it sucks.

And yeah, I've tried pretty much every single fold I've seen online, lol. I can put my fingers outside of the cup when it's inside but it's so tight there, I guess there's just no room for it to open.

I went anyway, but I had to stay on the side and it was pretty stressful for me, but at least they had fun...

Members online