Fenzi Courses

amberdyan

Signed up for my first ever Fenzi course- Bridging the Gap!

So excited! I hope it proves to be worth the $$!
You'll definitely have to tell me how it goes! It looks like a great class.

ETA: If you take Precision Heeling in October (I also have allll the class wants for that month so I'll end up taking 2) we should keep in touch about it as it goes on. It would be nice to have someone to bounce ideas off/troubleshoot with if we're both at bronze level.

You'll definitely have to tell me how it goes! It looks like a great class.

ETA: If you take Precision Heeling in October (I also have allll the class wants for that month so I'll end up taking 2) we should keep in touch about it as it goes on. It would be nice to have someone to bounce ideas off/troubleshoot with if we're both at bronze level.
Yeah, that would be great, I would be taking Bronze!

I am thinking that is the second one I will do, providing I have the funds!

But seriously, there was like 5 classes in October I wanted to take.. why can't I be rich! Lol.

amberdyan

Yeah, that would be great, I would be taking Bronze!

I am thinking that is the second one I will do, providing I have the funds!

But seriously, there was like 5 classes in October I wanted to take.. why can't I be rich! Lol.
Same! At least I have time for most of them to come around again.

crazedACD

If I had any reason to actually have a real heel, I would totally sign up for that in a heartbeat. I took his engagement skills course and for how short and simple it is, there was a ton of good info.
And I love watching his dogs heel lol, I bet that course is oozing with good stuff.
Hmmm, that one is cheap! I think I might do the engagement one and see what I think.

Is the information relevant to dogs with lower toy/food drive? I've really only seen him working with malinois and that's fine, I know every breed has it's own challenges, but I'd be superbly impressed if he had achieved a high level of engagement with a coonhound or a saluki with his methods :p. (Please malinois people don't spank me for this hahaha)

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
Yeah the price is why I took it. :p I figured hey, it could be totally worth it and I could learn a lot, or if I don't like it... well I'm not out too much lol. I'm REALLY terrible at actually applying different things to my training, BUT I still liked the info.

It's been a few months since I've looked at it, but from memory it's pretty much all explained using food as a reward. There is a lot of Mal demonstration lol, also some vids with a border collie and I think a JRT? Whenever I do actually apply the techniques with Cajun, it does really get her to light up and focus, but she is very food motivated to begin with.

To me, the basic concept is the same as Fenzi's Get Focused class but I found the Leerburg info easier to follow and... better. lol.

I have signed up for Bronze level "Sensational stays" with my 9 month old BC pup Kepler. And am seriously considering "FCI style heeling" with my pup as well as even if I don't get around to all of that (I also do Handling 360 agility online course with all 3 of my dogs) it will be in my library to look at later and I can sign up for the second and third parts of that as we go through.

My obedience instructor has done the heeling course and we have a handler spot for Kamal Fernandez later this year when he comes to New Zealand.

I have signed up for Bronze level "Sensational stays" with my 9 month old BC pup Kepler. And am seriously considering "FCI style heeling" with my pup as well as even if I don't get around to all of that (I also do Handling 360 agility online course with all 3 of my dogs) it will be in my library to look at later and I can sign up for the second and third parts of that as we go through.

My obedience instructor has done the heeling course and we have a handler spot for Kamal Fernandez later this year when he comes to New Zealand.
Let me know how you like the FCI style heeling if you take it! I want to take that course sometime!

How do you like the Handling 360?

Elrohwen

I'm also super disappointed with the Prey Drive class. I was between that and Denise's play class and I definitely picked wrong. I filled out the survey thing and gave it a pretty bad review.

I've heard great things about Bridging the Gap, but we have some things to work out before we're ready for that class. Plus new puppy will take up all of my time. I'd like to take it next year.

Still too much snow to pull out the jumps and start working on the Agility class I signed up for :-( I'm still unsure if I want to get Handling Basics Part 2 when I haven't even started working on Part 1 yet.

Let me know how you like the FCI style heeling if you take it! I want to take that course sometime!

How do you like the Handling 360?
I did end up signing up for FCI heeling as well so will let people know how we go with both of these (FCI heeling and stays).

Loving handling 360 which we started last December and have had no issues keeping up with my homework with that. Dogs love it as it is fun stuff. Useful for all my dogs, 1 competes top level, one lowest level and foundation stuff for my pup. I started all of them at the foundation levels.

I do go to regular classes as well: Kep does Obedience and Gael/Kep do rally. Agility I don't currently have an instructor so just practice on the gear with Gael/Scout, and I instruct a class the same night. And I work full time and just signed up for 2 Fenzi classes :)

I did end up signing up for FCI heeling as well so will let people know how we go with both of these (FCI heeling and stays).

Loving handling 360 which we started last December and have had no issues keeping up with my homework with that. Dogs love it as it is fun stuff. Useful for all my dogs, 1 competes top level, one lowest level and foundation stuff for my pup. I started all of them at the foundation levels.

I do go to regular classes as well: Kep does Obedience and Gael/Kep do rally. Agility I don't currently have an instructor so just practice on the gear with Gael/Scout, and I instruct a class the same night. And I work full time and just signed up for 2 Fenzi classes :)
Sweet! Can't wait to hear your experience with the FCI heeling!

amberdyan

I did end up signing up for FCI heeling as well so will let people know how we go with both of these (FCI heeling and stays)
I signed up for the heeling class as well. I'm really struggling to teach a tight formal heel and I really want one. I hope we get a lot out of this class.

I really, really want to do a heeling class - either Denise, or Kamal, or Micke. B

But I was so disappointed with the prey drive class (I stopped doing it a few weeks in when it was confusing, and wasn't actually teaching any new skills I haven't already been working on with Louis), that I'm worried I won't stick to the class and keep up. Gah.

xpaeanx

I've fallen out of doing classes during the 6 week time frame, but you keep access to them so you can go back and start again.

I did precision heeling a while ago, I'm revisiting it right now bc I plan to do heeling games this term. :)

So much reading! Ahh. Glad I only took one class!

I am assuming there will be less to read after the first week once all the intro's are done and she stops posting lectures every day.

So much reading! Ahh. Glad I only took one class!

I am assuming there will be less to read after the first week once all the intro's are done and she stops posting lectures every day.
LOL I lied.

I just enrolled in IPO/High Drive Foundation Skills. I have caught up on my reading in BTG, and this class has a lot of reading too! But I am nearing the end of my internship/semester, so I feel like I will have more time too, especially when I get these last few assignments done!

So far, the BTG class seems pretty basic, other than getting everyone really confused on what she wanted to see for "engagement". I think I know what she is asking for and find this is one thing I do not actually actively work on-as I have found it just comes naturally with training. However, I do think it is a good idea to think about in the future, so yay! new perspectives! But yeah.. pretty basic so far, but we are only just starting- so I assume that will change.

I am really enjoying the lectures for the IPO Foundations class. It's pretty basic foundation skills, but I am finding little tid bits of information in each lecture which I haven't thought about or find helpful/interesting so I am really happy I decided to take this class!

Also, I have never taught tuck sits before, so that is probably what I will work on and I would have worked on it differently (target training or possibly platform?) but I think it might be easier, at first, to do it her way!

I think I may try to teach my dogs this style of sit from now on!

I feel like I am going to become addicted to Fenzi classes..

amberdyan

Also, I have never taught tuck sits before, so that is probably what I will work on and I would have worked on it differently (target training or possibly platform?) but I think it might be easier, at first, to do it her way!

I think I may try to teach my dogs this style of sit from now on!

I feel like I am going to become addicted to Fenzi classes..
I'm lucky because Hugo naturally tuck sits, especially in heel position. I never taught it. However, he does a walk forward stand, which means he has to back back up into heel position so we're working on a pop up stand. I'm loving my Rally Class!

Picklepaige

I think tuck sits were the single hardest thing I had to teach Finn for the Performance Fundamentals class :rofl1:

Every dog I am getting from now on is going to be taught a tuck sit from the beginning.

Members online

No members online now.