How would you feel if your Dog was stolen?

Irish

I always think about that too, how awful it would be if someone took my dogs, the not knowing would be unbearable (I feel for you Smkie). Like Fran said, I always watch them when they're out and I never leave them out when I'm not home. When we just had our house re-roofed (don't think thats a word :confused: ) I would get so mad, because the roofers kept leaving my gaits open even though I kept asking them not to. They had no respect for my dogs at all - it still makes me mad to think about it. All I kept thinking is if my dogs get out and disappear - I will kill these guys!

Ash47

Taco Dog
Wow. I would be after blood as bogo said. I think that Precious would go with anyone who approached her. Roxy would run and Spud would run and bark. Soooo sad, I know. Precious doesn't seem to let it bother her that she has barely any guard instinct in her, but I think it has given me a complex. ;)

I'd freak out. I wouldn't be able to sleep. I'd spend each day constantly searching and putting up posters. I'd turn into a maniac. I am with my dogs most of the time, and check on them every few minutes when they are outside.
Like others, if ANYONE tries to anything to my dogs, they are DEAD MEAT. The girls would probably tear a stranger up who tried to approach and then do something to them, but I would too LOL

I worry about it all the time, because I have a dog flap in my back door shadow can go into the back yard whenever she wants. My garden is completly enclosed by a 5-6 ft brick wall on two sides, my garage and my house on the other two sides. i live in a terraced house so my neighbours houses and gardens are next to mine, so nobody could get into my garden without goin into the neighbours first, and they are all equally surrounded. but i still worry. They say most burgalars are opportunists, and no body can see into my garden so the only way any one would now she's in there is by being told. The reason we have dog flap is because im in work all day and i hate the thought of shadow being couped up in the kitchen all day. it gets so hot and stuffy. it would drive her mad, mind you when its raining she wont go outside anyway. Im putting extra fencing up soon so my walls will be 7-8ft tall.

When we lived in South Africa I had a Boxer puppy stolen and I STILL think about it all the time - it happened 10 years ago and I still worry about it. I would love to think that someone thought she was so adorabale that they would like to have her for themselves to treat like a princess, but in the back of my head I have always wondered about dog fighting.... I don't really want to think about it. The worst part was never knowing where she was and whether she was being loved or not.

becca_4321

I'd be a mess. I have my computer set up next to a window which looks out into the back yard so I can see everything the dogs are doing while outside. At night I have to go out with them because Gracie is scared to go outside in the dark. I just hope nothing like that ever happens.

wildwings811

a.k.a: agilitydobemom
The second dog my husband and I ever owned togeather was a yellow lab and she was stolen out of our yard

We were both away that day and we had a six foot privacy fence and inside the privacy fence we had a kennel which Annie would stay in while we were away one day when I came home she was gone and a little searching around found her tags and collar laying on the ground I freaked out immediately and called the local shelter and police department to see if they had seen her I also took off and walked around the town we lived in put up signs put ads in the paper and checked the local vets, rescues, shelter and pounds for four months striaght I answered any and every found ad I saw that sounded even remotely close to her description including from papers from as far away as four counties I drove as far as 2 hours in each direction once per week to the shelters and human societies and had all of the vets within 30 miles on the look out for her but we never found her it has been six years and I still look for her all the time I always wonder what happened to her I just hope she ended up with a good family that loves her as much as we did I hope she didn't get killed, go to a labratory, or somthing worse

Athebeau

I live in an area where the possibility of a dog being stolen is as good as a chance someone is going to offer to give you a million dollars! :D
There are so many dogs running at large in my area that all a person has to do is open their car door and get a dog.
I have no fear of anyone ever stealing any of my dogs.

I do realize that in some areas the chance of your dog being stolen is high. The main reason for a dog being stolen is for either breeding purposes or selling to a Lab. Most times when selling to a Lab they are looking for docile friendly dogs that are easy to work with. Many Vet schools, and some Vet hospitals will buy these dogs and do studies on different diseases et. There is usually 1 Vet clinic that will do this, either take in dogs or pigs and do all kinds of horrible things to them. It's usually a shady person who snatches the dogs and sells them with no questions asked. These dogs cannot be taken from animal shelter's as too many questions would be asked. Its pretty sad. :(

MyDogsLoveMe

My pets love me they do
I would be just totally devastated as my animals are just like my kids but with 4 legs and fur. We are taking Izzy B my siberian husky on the road (long haul) next week to train her to go on the semi with my hubby when he doesnt have a student with him. We want to train Nalla also my pittie but she gets car sick real easily so that isnt an option, but if we can train Izzy B that would be great then they can keep each other company. Both my dogs are microchipped so that is a bit more relief.

M

Manchesters

I would feel like a total moron for having left my dog in a position to get stolen. My dogs are house dogs, my property is completely double fenced at the expense of thousands of dollars, just for the safety of my dogs. If people do not just throw their dogs out into the yard and leave them, then there is no way for the dog to get stolen.

I didnt feel like a moron at all - it just felt like my heart had broken in half. By the way my dogs are also inside animals, and our property was fully walled and gated, but it happened in a split second. Our front door was always open so that the animals could go outside when needed. My dogs are my life and are treated like my children (they will argue that the dogs are treated better).

bridey_01

Kelpiefied
I would be devastated, thinking about how May, my kelpie, would feel. I can just picture those panice sticken yellow eyes in the back of a car. She was already dumped in a unit and left there without food or water for six days. When animal welfare eventually found her they found long white scars on her back and belly, from being whipped with some kind of cording. After all this mistreatment she still retained her sense of humour and willingness to greet strangers happily. She is a marvel of a dog and if ever someone hurt her I would want them turned inside out!
Unfortunatly May is so distinct a dog (strange blue colour with yellow eyes and liver coloured nose) that she recieves alot of attention, especially from farmers who rarely see a good working stock kelpie anymore. I've had offers of upwards of two thousand dollars for her, so I shudder to think of what theives would do if they knew farmers would pay so much for my Maydle Ladle.

M

Manchesters

I Said I Would Feel Like A Moron

Mikey27X834 said:
I've read about people having had their Dogs stolen by people threatening them with knives. Are people morons if that was the case?
Now what is this implying that I said anyone was a moron?? Sh!t happens to the best of us. And if I caught anyone even trying to take one of my dogs, I am afraid that I would be so enraged I might just kill him/her.

I have an early warning system--a whole bunch of big mouthed dogs. So no one can get close enough to steal anything.

Now, mind you, there are days when I would GIVE all the little monsters away!

I lost 4 dogs during hurricane Ivan. I was in the hospital and did not even know until I got home. It was devastating. They got out when the paramedics took me out to the ambulance. Supposedly. I was in a coma, so don't know.

Martine

Trained by an Airedale
I'd go crazy....and would never stop looking for her.....or the people that did it. I'm paranoid about it here, I won't leave her out in the garden unless we are around....there are too many missing dog posters around locally for my liking.

nedim

I dont think anyone has the b@11s to even approach Peanut.lol. But if someone did manage to dognap her, I wouldnt rest until I found her, and then I'd make sure the theives get whats coming to them.

Members online

No members online now.