New foster pup!

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
This is "Cliff"! He was pulled from a kill shelter that doesn't allow public adoptions. His picture crossed my facebook feed and, well...I'm a sucker. I started reaching out to rescues and finally found one that was willing to pull him if I fostered. So....here he is! He was pulled on Tuesday and received vet care yesterday. Has a very bad case of demodex, but we'll do our best to get that cleared up!

He's about 6ish months old, is our best guess? About 30 pounds right now. Super gangly, giant feet, and a very sweet boy. He LOVES toys and loves to carry them around with him wherever he goes. Confident boy, very people oriented, dog social, learning what the heck a cat is. Already good about pottying outside. I think we'll be changing his name to Sherman. :)

Unfortunately, Abrams is non too fond of the new toddler and has turned in to possessive dog from hell. He's guarding the shoe rack, the couch, all toys (even if he hasn't touched them in months), the fireplace...basically, any area in the house the puppy is Not Allowed in Abrams' mind. He does okay with him out in the yard (ignores him), but the house is too much. So we're having to rotate them in and out for now. *sigh* If Abrams doesn't calm down and there is another foster home available, his stay with us may be short. But GOD, he's such an awesome puppy!!! I wish Abrams liked him, because then it would be perfect! I don't know why he *doesn't* like him. We'll work on it, I guess! Vibes that Abrams doesn't eat him and learns to like him?

Brattina88

:) he's cute!

Maybe just give Abrams some time ;) the first couple days Nikki was always really grumpy with a new foster dog. She was the best 'teacher' for all of the fosters, too. What is it called? That shutdown protocol. Yeah, do that :p

lancerandrara

Sports Lunatic
DAW, he's cute!! I'm so jealous and happy that you're able to foster the little dude. *-* He sounds perfect.

Hopefully after Abrams finishes getting the rules settled (in his mind), he can accept the pupper!

*blackrose

Abrams was much more comfortable with him this evening outside, so I'm hopefull!

This pup is such a good pup. Very dopey and he doesn't know much yet in terms of human body language, but he's a good boy. He doesn't know how to settle, though. Just constantly paces in circles, poor guy. We'll work on that and get him in tip top shape.

amberdyan

Aww! He's too cute! I'm so glad you've got this opportunity. I think I've seen you post about having more dog wants. If it works out between him and Abrams are you thinking of keeping him? What does Cynder think? Vibes that they get along either way!

Hugo had a little demodex on his face and stomach when we got him. Not super fun. Hopefully it clears up with good food and a clean loving environment.

*blackrose

Aww! He's too cute! I'm so glad you've got this opportunity. I think I've seen you post about having more dog wants. If it works out between him and Abrams are you thinking of keeping him? What does Cynder think? Vibes that they get along either way!

Hugo had a little demodex on his face and stomach when we got him. Not super fun. Hopefully it clears up with good food and a clean loving environment.
Honestly...probably not. I mean, some part of me would *like* to keep him, but I think in reality it would work out better if he was just a foster. (Who knows though - time will tell!) I think fostering will be a good compromise between my dog want and the way life is right now.

Cynder doesn't care about him at all. A little off her game that another dog is here, but she's such a good girl, she just goes with it. Haha Histamine is torn between hating him and wanting to attack his tail. She'll come round.

*blackrose

Poor guy has been hacking and sneezing all morning. :( Yey for the kennel cough. He's on antibiotics for his skin, but I'll probably take him in to work with me on Monday and see if he needs anything else.

He and Abrams are alright outside together and for brief moments in the house (passing each other through the doors, for example), but that's about it. We're going to start crating the pup in "his" room with the room door open with Abrams inside, then once we know that's alright we're going to move the crate into the living room so Abrams gets used to seeing him in the house. Hopefully that will help matters out a bit.

Members online

No members online now.