RIP Dingo, what a bizarre day

Grab

How horrible :( What an awful thing to have to experience, I am glad they were able to bring her home, though :(

And wow, that sounds like a very bold and dangerous cat. I hope the injured dog makes a full recovery.

JazzyTheSibe

Love is 4 legged word
Oh no:( I am so sorry for your loss (((Hugs)))

I hope the dog makes a full recovery. Such a terrible situation all around.

HayleyMarie

Like a bat outa' hell
Agh!! That whole situation is just so terrible. I'm glad she got some closure and the cat was destroyed. I'm all for living and being surrounded by wildlife, but not a cat so dangerous and bold. That has got to be one bold cat to stand up to cougar hounds.

DJEtzel

Oh my gosh. What a horrific and terrifying event. Glad no one else was harmed when you came upon the cougar in a group.

(hugs) to you and your friends.

krissy

Cougars freaking terrify me. Back home in Ontario I'd never hike the dogs on leash. But here....

What a horrible experience. I'm glad they found her. I can't even imagine which would be worse... never finding my dog or finding her mauled body. :( I hope finding her brought them some closure and some healing and wasn't too traumatic for them. :( I honestly can't even imagine.

What a terrible experience :( I'm so sorry for your loss. I can't even imagine how difficult to accept this must be. I'd be shattered if something like this happened to Toby :(

Shakou

As aweful as it is, I'm glad they were atleast able to collect her remains so she can be laid to rest on their own terms. Never being able to find my dog's body and unable to have that closure is what would drive me insane for the rest of my life.

As for the cat, as sad as it is, I agree in this case killing it was the right thing to do. Cougars are usually not that aggressive unless there's something wrong with them.

Kootenay

Thank you all for your thoughts!

I know it was really important to my friend to find the remains, so I'm glad that was able to happen, even though it must have been really traumatic.

And as for the cat, super sad for sure but it was not behaving normally at all, way too aggressive and close to home. There's a family with a little girl who lives on the same property, the cat took Dingo like 20 feet from their home...and the little girl would sometimes run around outside at night when she didn't want to go to bed, through those woods! Could have been so bad...

Kayla

I am so sorry for your friends loss that is terrifying:(

I've just moved to Northern Alberta, and we have a hungry cougar in the area, about a month ago directly across the road from us (300 m) a cougar went after a horse which to me seems like they must have been pretty hungry and without other options.

I always take the dogs out with me and a head lamp but this story is a good reminder of what can happen.

I'm so so sorry:(

Sparrow

I'm so sorry to hear about this tragedy. Cougars freak me out something terrible. I live in Alaska, with massive brown bears and bold black bears, but I am terrified by the idea of moving somewhere with cougars.

Members online

No members online now.