Rocky Locked Me Out of My Own House!

BigDog2191

Big German Shepherd
Well, I went outside with my friend to kinda just talk and hit the punching bag.

When on our way into the yard, I hear a scratching noise and remember the possibility of him locking us out.

So, as I went to go get my keys, I try to open the door and IT'S LOCKED!

I can't believe he did that!

Eventually, I went over to my neighbor's house and asked to use the phone.

I had to call my dad from work so he could open it and let us in. I carry my keys EVERYWHERE with me now.

PS: Good news! I found a really good vet about 30 minutes away from me. I went to go get Rocky's 12-week shot and rabies shot and guess how much it cost? $42.00! At my old vet it would've have been around $120.00

S

Stanna

Heee, cute.

Glad you found a cheaper vet. Any luck finding vet services through a local humane or animal control agency?

Kharma did that to us the other day! The door from the outside to the laundry room was latched, so we couldn't get in that way, so Charley had to fight the old back sunroom door that's never open, shove an old bed out of the way and come in that way. He lost the door keys decades ago . . .

Barb04

Super Moderator
Oh, Rocky is a character. I bet he locked you out so he could raid the refrigerator.

I'm so happy to hear you found a more reasonable vet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Silly Rocky! I'm glad the girls haven't figured out how to lock the door yet...Tippy does like to open doors, though. Not such a good talent at times :).

I'm glad you found a cheaper vet!! Some vets are super expensive, which stinks. The girls are going in for a checkup on the first, and with tests and shots and all that it'll be over $500 :eek: :eek:. Dogs are sooo expensive, lol. We call ours the Million Dollar Mutts.

BigDog2191

Big German Shepherd
Stanna said:
Heee, cute.

Glad you found a cheaper vet. Any luck finding vet services through a local humane or animal control agency?
Nope, that was supposedly the best one in our area. I couldn't find ANYTHING.

Even a college vet school in our area charges a lot.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
ever heard the oldies song...you better shop around..i think it was refering to a human but hey it fits finding a vet too!! Congrates on finding a good vet..congrates for Rocky on having his vaccines..so happpy for you both!

Debi

That Rocky....such a little devil! That's so smart of him....and he isn't even that old yet! :)

That little Rascal Rocky! When I was in college, I had a cat that locked me out of my car -- with the car running! I was leaving and had forgotten something -- jumped out of the car to just run in the apt. real quick. Came back out and the cat had stood up on the door and pressed the lock down with his paw!! :rolleyes: Had to call the cops and have them open it up with one of those thingys... My cat couldn't figure out why I was standing outside the car the whole time watching him meow and meow and meow...

LOL reading all of your stories is making me laugh! I'm glad our dogs (or cat :) ) has never done anything like that! ROFL! :laugh:

Members online

No members online now.