why it's important

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
to take a lot of pics of your dog...i found this one in the cast off pile, i can't believe i missed it. I really like this pic cause it shows Vic's gentlest side..i am too tired to paint, and too tired to read, too tired to clean so i sit here instead...i decided i better do something and picked up the stack of pics to pitch...i always take a second look before i throw them out.

Attachments

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
that is Charlie. my friend Kelly's coonhound mix pup. She is only a few months old here..now she is a whomper of a big gurl! She grew up FAST!

S

stirder

thats cute, good thing you double checked. I and my wife on the other hand, if you can see whats in the picture, we dont throw it away. we've tried several times but it just doesnt happen. now we have a digital FINALLY!!!! so we dont have to devote a closet to photos.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Id be buried in pics, i shoot at least 4 rolls a month.and that is my utmost minimum i can take and live and breath..im terrrrrible about my camera. i call it MY OTHER ART. I don't know if i want a digital or not..i have a nikon fm2. i don't even like automatics, guess i am a dinasaur.

S

stirder

we got the kodak dx6490 with 10x zoom. and still use our other 3 cameras almost as often as the digital.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
here's another..Mary's days of running like this are finished now. its just no fair..if i chose a title for this one it would be Having Two Dogs instead of ONE
shoot this is too little, u can't see any detail this size...oh well sorry

Attachments

THe pic of ther 2 of them, you can still tell its Mary and Vic.

Next time I have these to out Ill have to get a pic, I can let Blue run off lead but not Bailey I have to have him on lead or the cable run.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
you mean like Vic's BADDOGVICTOR pic? geez that was a mess...i found that stuffing behind books on the bookcases.it was everywhere.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
i just flipped mine..i have two mattresses on top of each other..gee i wonder why..you can only turn a mattress one time after it gets a whole dug in it..he has stopped doing that i think..thank goodness. I found if l left him free in the house he does no damage//leave him locked in the bedroom i get a reward of a new hole when i come home. :rolleyes:

I allready flipped it from the first digging escape, that side has a small hole. Im hoping he gets it out of his system before I flip it back over or get a new mattress.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
when Mary was a puppy..i had already been gone (you know when you have to get back..that they can only be good for so long) and Jim called saying he was broke down somewhere and needed me to come..i couldn't load up Tate and Bin, Mary and Sally so i hoped for the best leaving both parents and two sisters for another hour..when i got home..(did i mention they were in the room with a king size water bed???) a down comforter and four down pillows??? oh yeah,,who started it i don't know, but there were wet feathers stuck to everything the floor was an inch deep in water, the dogs were feathered and dripping..and my first thought..absolutely first thought was thank god there is no man here to yell at me..thank god i do not have to hear YOUR DA** DOGS....the more i thought it, the more it was a revelation and i just didn't care..i was happy about that..not the bed but shoot craps happens then you die..i cleaned it up and went on with my life. I loved the dogs and knew they had been in there too long so i didn't blame them..Sally and Mary were under 6 mths old, so somebody just had to play.. i would give anything for a video of who started it..and the pillow fight that followed.

Sounds like one of those life-altering flashes of enlightenment, Smkie!

I'd love to see a video of that too, lol!

And by the way, you need a fairy godmother to get you one of the newer generation of Nikon digital cameras that will take the lenses that fit on your 35mm . . . I'm not bothering with a digital until I can get one of those.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
im such a dinasaur that i wouldnt' give up my rotary dial phone forever..Aaron had a friend over and he needed to call home (they were little guys) he looked at my phone and said "i don't know how to use this" ...i will get a bracket for my new lense, but i think i will stay in the old world with my camera..we are fond of each other. now a digital movie camera..oh santa would ya pweeeeeeaaaassseeee? that will never happen :(

Barb04

Super Moderator
I love the pics, Smkie. It's nice to look at Mary in her younger days.

Oh how funny about the phone. I always think about having to get the correct change at a store if the computer broke; most of the cashiers would be like "I have to figure this out on paper?"

Smkie...I love my 35mm camera and swore I'd never go digital but I did and I love it! Instant gratification is the best! :D
You know, there are digital SLRs out there now. I'm dying to get one but they are really expensive.
I love photography.
BTW...your pictures are great.

Pam

Members online

No members online now.