Max stands up for CJ at Petsmart

Barb04

Super Moderator
We decided to take all 3 dogs to Petsmart. Carl was walking Max & CJ while I walked Kona. Carl was closer to the door than I was when a lady came out with a lab mix on a retractable leash which broke! The dog came towards CJ and was growling and getting vicious towards CJ. CJ started to growl back which surprised me. The biggest surprise was Max. Max growled loudly and showed his teeth to protect CJ from the dog. We have never seen Max do this; then again, we have never been put in a situation with an aggressive dog coming at us before. The lady finally grabbed her dog by the collar while we got the crew inside.

Once inside, Max was his usual friendly self and the 3 of them had a good time. We took Kona their to socialize with people which she needs more of. The only problem was, Max was getting all the attention. He even said hello to a little baby who loves dogs. Everyone needs to pet Max and gets kisses. We managed to get them to pet Kona. CJ said hello to a few people but was just happy walking the aisles.

All I can say is Max the Anatolian can come to my rescue any day!

Barb04

Super Moderator
Yes, Max is a pure Anatolian. Most of them have short hair with a black mask, but 10% of them are white and long hair. I know if Max met Rocky they would have a great time playing!

Irish

Good for Max! Protecting his kin folk! :) I think a treat is in order!

Barb04

Super Moderator
Max was definitely trying to protect CJ because the other dog didn't even look at Max. Max just saw how the other dog was going after CJ and then Max reacted by going forward to help CJ. We didn't let anything happen and glad the owner came and grabbed her dog.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Max is such a classy Man..you know i am just in love with him,,,,have been since i saw that teddybear pic..talk about strumming my heart strings. Give him kisses and hugs from me..tell him Smkie send love and is sooooo proud of his behavior..(i am not suprised, not one bit!)

Members online