Who Are You? 2014 edition!

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
Nickname/Preferred name: Amber but people call me skittle or Grizz

Occupation: dog daycare/boarding shift supervisor and getting in hours towards my trainer CPDT

About your dog(s):

Bamm is my 8 year old border collie mix. He is an amazing dog, but is not without his own challenges that we work on daily. He is reactive with dogs and iffy with some people. He is very uncomfortable with kids. He loves to do tricks though and is obsessed with tennis balls and disc. If he was younger I would seriously think about training and competing him in disc, but now that he is older we just play a little for fun.

Cricket is my heart dog. She is 3 years old and we do everything together. She has competed in both barn hunt and rally and we have a couple other sports I want to try her in. She loves lure coursing and swimming. Great with tricks. Very awesome little dog and loves to give kisses to people she likes. She can be bitchy with other dogs sometimes, but she is usually pretty fair about it. I think she knows she is head bitch in this household though haha.

Joey is approx 3.5 years old and is my first Ibizan and definitely won't be my last. I've fallen madly in love with this breed. He is bouncy, goofy and one of the happiest dogs I've ever known. You can't help but smile when you are in a room with him. He does have a lot of energy, but he also is content to just curl up next to you as well. I'm not sure how he manages to do this but he is a pretty tall and long dog that can make himself look super tiny when he curls up. I compete in lure coursing (AKC and ASFA) and straight track racing (LGRA) with him. We are taking a little break right now though while I work on repairing some joint mobility issues he seems to be having so on top of supplements he sees a chiropractor. It's making a huge difference already. I don't know how much more I will compete him, but he has been a great introduction into these sports for me.

Non dogs:

Whiskey is my asshole cat lol. I love him dearly but he scratched the hell out of my bed so he is on my **** list right now. He actually is a really cool cat though but he is not afraid to literally snatch your food right out of your hand.

Cyra is my hog island boa. She actually just turned a year old on July 7. She is a really neat girl and I can't wait to see how she matures in a few years. I have had other snakes before in the past, but she is by far my favorite and I have a feeling I will have more hog islands in the future.

Interests: tattoos are a big interest of mine and if you can't tell then just look at all the work I currently have done already. I love dog training. I love dog sports and want my career to be dog training in sports though right now I'm getting in my experience first. I love horses. Snakes. Photography. Hiking. Camping. Kayaking. Basically I love to be outdoors.

Favorite music: everything. No really. Everything. I have such a broad interest in music. Everything from country to rap to pop to hop hop to classical to jazz.

Favorite book: don't really have one. I like tons of books. Most of what I read right now is dog training stuff, but I love to read in general.

Favorite quote: can't think of one off hand. I do have one I like tattooed on my chest though, "The question is not how we will die but how we will live."

Random fact: I have dermatillomania. I constantly pick at my skin and tend to zone out when doing it so I can't really stop myself. I do it in the car when I'm driving too and that scares me more than anything. It started when I was a kid and I would mainly pick at my head then, but it's really debilitating and hard to live with. On top of dermatillomania I also have panic attack disorder, anxiety and I'm sure I have PTSD but haven't actually been diagnosed with that. On top of that I live in physical pain all the time that has gotten worse lately. My mom, two aunts and two cousins all have fibromyalgia and I'm worried that may be into future if not now. Basically I'm one big hot mess and it sucks.

Nickname/Preferred name: Alexis

About your dog(s):

Freckles - The family dog. She lives back in NY with my mother and siblings. She'll be 11 on 7/24, and it breaks my heart even thinking about how quickly time has passed. She has made my life so much better since being my first introduction to pet ownership, and I will be forever grateful.

Freckles 2012 by Gator_Dog, on Flickr

Aiden - Will be 5 (!) in 7/15. He is my absolute heart. My first GSD who made me fall madly in love with the breed and with the breed sport. He's retired from formal IPO training, but I still bring him out for fun now and then. He loves tracking and has always been so naturally good at it. Mostly now, he snuggles with me on the couch, beats the crap out of Carm and barks at the door. He loves his life.

6/1/14 by Gator_Dog, on Flickr

Carma - Is 18 months old already, even though she's still my babydog in my mind. She changed the whole ball game for me. I swore that my next dog would take me far, and she has taken it farther than I ever would have expected. To me, she is perfect.

5/26/14 by Gator_Dog, on Flickr

Interests: Dog training and competition, photography, crafty things like making collars and leashes and stuff, movies, traveling.

Favorite music: I like most things on the radio along with lots of folk stuff.

Favorite book: Harry Potter series and Dan Brown books

Favorite quote: “It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.â€

-Theodore Roosevelt

Random fact: I have one thumb that looks like a toe.

Put up pictures of yourself and your dogs of course!!

Aiden and I

IPO 2013 by Gator_Dog, on Flickr

Carmy and I

Carmy by Gator_Dog, on Flickr

And kind of an old-ish one, but without a dog for once! My brother and I, lol

4/21/13 by Gator_Dog, on Flickr

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
Nickname/Preferred name: Beanie
Occupation: Web/graphic designer and marketing manager, assistant dog trainer, and self-employed illustrator/designer
About your dog(s):
Auggie, 8 year old Sheltie, best Auggie ever, perfect dog.

Pepper, 5 year old sheltie, world's biggest pansy. My only girly.

Payton, 3 year old Sheltie, rotten dog but still pretty good. Yeah, pretty good.

Interests: Is this a dating profile? I think this is where I usually write something about my running and general gym-rat behaviors and the training/trialing the dogs and junk.
Favorite music: Any and everything. Right now I've decided my life needs more SafetySuit.
Favorite book: Impossible to pick just one. I love chick lit, I like reading YA fiction, quick reads are good for me.
Favorite quote: "Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." - Ferris Bueller
Random fact: I wear flip-flops as much as I possibly can.

and me.

Last edited:

Fran27

Nickname/Preferred name: Fran
About your dog(s): 10yo mutt, Tips, adopted from a rescue at 8 weeks
Interests: TV shows, books, video games, movies... I'm a geek.
Favorite music: Pendragon
Favorite book: Anything by Brandon Sanderson or Peter Hamilton
Favorite quote: not sure
Random fact: I have 6yo twins

Me a couple months ago

Tips a few years ago but he hasn't changed much

My cat, Vameka aka Monster a few years ago (she's 13 now and hasn't changed much either)

Keechak

Aussie Obssessed
Nickname/Preferred name: IRL, Erin (but I will answer to Keechak)
About your dog(s): They are Australian Shepherds, Hawkeye and Lark are both a fine mixture of working and show bloodlines and they like to do it all. Kechara is a mix of show and pet bred bloodlines and was my first agility dog!

Interests: Search and Rescue, Photography, and Dog stuff.

Random fact: I have a cat.

People don't usually take picture of me so they were limited to choose from.

Nickname/Preferred name: Straw

Occupation: Dog training instructor/daycare attendant/receptionist for a pet dog training school.

About your dog(s): Venice is a 2.5 year old shelter muttly thing. I call her a Nova Scotia Dingo Terrier. That eats lettuce.

Interests: Travel. Training and behavior modification. Ponies (although I don't have the money/time right now to pursue it). Outdoorsy stuff like hiking, kayaking, rock climbing. Spending nice days outside with the dog. Planning for the next big thing.

Favorite music: Classic rock (70's, 80's 90's) and on. Mostly rock/alternative/folk. Not big on top 40's/pop/hip hop. Red Hot Chili Peppers, Led Zeppelin, Heart, Rush, Jake Bugg.

Favorite book: I have no idea, I feel like I'm really out of tune with the lit world. I'm into YA fiction, fantasy, mystery/thriller. I don't even know any particulars.

Favorite quote: Oof, don't even know.

Random fact: I really really want to build my own micro-home out of a train caboose. And put it in the middle of 10 acres so I never have to see my neighbours.

Here is a dogless picture.

And a sheepy picture from school.

nikkiluvsu15

Wild At Heart
Nickname/Preferred name: Nikki

Occupation: Pharmacy Technician (just started Thursday!) and Administrative Assistant (though leaving there at the end of July)

About your dog(s): Harleigh, 5 years old (WHAT?!?!:yikes::yikes:). She is so crazy and annoys the crap out of me sometimes, but she is the sweetest girl <3 I don't know what I would do without her. I'm so glad I found her!
IMG_4181 by AdventuresOfACrazyLab, on Flickr

Interests: Reading, hanging out with family/friends, beach, eating (lol),

Favorite music: Favorite genre is Christian. I love, love, love Chris Tomlin, Rush of Fools, Meredith Andrews, Kristian Stanfill, etc!

Favorite book: Follow Me by David Platt is definitely up there.

Favorite quote: I have a couple....

"Do you know that nothing you do in this life will ever matter, unless it is about loving God and loving the people He has made?" - (Francis Chan)

"Speak the truth, even if your voice shakes"

Random fact:I have an obsession with ducks. I am in love with them and want a couple so badly. <3

And me! I'm the one in the blue, lol
IMG_3180 by hammock_nikki, on Flickr

elegy

overdogged
Nickname/Preferred name: wirenth or katie

About your dog(s):

Luce 11 1/2 y/o APBT. My Novice A dog, and the dog who taught me so very much about training and about behavior.

Steve 5 y/o Border Collie. My service dog. Also a flyball superstar. He is one special guy.

Bean 2 y/o Border Collie. Barks too freaking much. Also a flyball superstar (best time 3.8).

Hambone 2ish y/o Mountain Feist. Adopted sight unseen through Facebook and absolutely the sweetest, funniest dog in the world.

Interests: writing, poetry, photography, collage, hiking, running, dog sports

Favorite music: My They Might Be Giants Pandora channel.

Favorite book: The Giver by Lois Lowry

Favorite quote: "You own everything that happened to you. Tell your stories. If people wanted you to write warmly about them, they should have behaved better." -- Anne Lamott

Random fact: I submitted a poetry chapbook (short collection) to a contest being run by a small press. I am more terrified of it being chosen than I am of it being rejected.

selfie

Hambone

Bean

Steve

Luce

Kootenay

Nickname/Preferred name: Brynne

Occupation: Part time lots of different stuff ... dog trainer, photographer, dog boarder, and then some general labor when it comes up.

About your dog(s):

Jasper is a 6 year old Rough Collie. He's a great dog, was a fantastic first dog for me, went through dog training school with me and we got top marks together. Now he mostly enjoys sleeping and barking at things :)

Yarrow is a 2 year old Alaskan Noble Companion Dog (breed-in-progress). He's a giant, goofy sweetheart of a dog. Extremely challenging in many ways, not a dog many people would want to deal with, but makes up for it with his sweet kisses, cuddles, and good looks ;)

Onyx is a 1 year old Malinois, and she is my heart <3 We have so much fun together. She is (of course) crazy and would probably drive most people up the wall, and presents me with daily challenges, but her and I click amazingly. We are training in agility, a bit of IPO (hoping to do a lot more as the opportunities arise!), disc, lots of tricks, and obedience. I can't imagine life without her!

Interests: Dogs, all things dogs! Photography, horses, rock climbing, reading, the beach and summertime, friends and good gatherings, nice cold drinks, my morning tea, hiking, gardening, festivals.

Favorite music: Sean Rodman! (my boyfriend, lol, but really he is my favourite musician!)

Favorite book: The Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon! Also Kushiel's Dart, and millions of others, I love books.

Favorite quote: I can never remember quotes... I will see/hear ones I like and then instantly forget them (I'm the same way with jokes....and names...maybe I just have a bad memory)

Random fact: I grew up in, and currently live in, a tiny community of about 150 people.

More pictures!

With Emir, my Arabian gelding.

Just me

kaykay21

herder brain & drool face
Nickname/Preferred name: Kris or kaykay
Occupation: manager at bk (I tell a bunch of minions what to do)
image by laikasaurusrex, on Flickr
About your dog(s): Laika a 23 month old mastiff/gsp/lab mix total pain in the ass and she enjoys sticking her butt in my friends face -_- she thinks everyone was put on earth to pet her and love her.
jake is a English pointer between the ages 4-7 unkown really how old he is. not technically mine hes my little sisters dog but I take care of him cause they are complete idiots. hes either going deaf or just choses not to listen very irritating
Interests: dogs, tattoos oh ya and dogs
Favorite music: all music mostly country though
Favorite book: The fault in our stars, and hunger games series

GoingNowhere

Nickname/Preferred name: Unless I've met you IRL, you can just quote me or call me GoingNowhere

About your dog(s): Boo is the family dog who I've had since my sophomore year in high school. She is a chow mix and probably around 10 years old now. She's a sweetheart; she loves laying around, chasing deer and rabbits, and hanging out with the family.

Interests: dogs, horses, photography, hiking, art (though I'm far from a good artist!)

Favorite music: I like country, but I also love music from a variety of other genres.

Favorite book: hard to say - pretty cliche, but I do love Harry Potter

Favorite quote:

"It's not what you take when you leave this world behind you. It's what you leave behind you when you go."

I also read an interesting poem a while back and liked it a lot. I think it's extremely relevant to gaining some perspective when you are feeling down.

"I walked a mile with pleasure.
She chatted all the way,
but I was none the wiser
for all she had to say.

I walked a mile with sorrow
and ne'er a word said she.
But, oh, the things I learned from her
when sorrow walked with me."

Random fact: the next time I donate blood, I will have donated a gallon of blood in my life.

Me:

Doesn't look like me at all anymore, but my fun with photoshop:

Nickname/Preferred name: Karen
About your dog(s):
Pip: A 9 year old... something something. Probably bully x herder. Although he has some quirks, he is my easy dog.

Maisy: A 6 year old houndy thing, I usually call her a plottahoula. Inside her hound suit, in her heart she is a working line sled dog. She's a natural lead dog, just amazing, and I introduced it to her almost by accident.

Squash: A 3 1/2 year old Alaskan husky mix... probably with American Bulldog, so sometimes I call him an Alaskan Bulldog. Fun fact: He is littermate to TWAB's Shambles. He is pretty much a big doofus who loves everyone and everything. He has his RN and CGC, and is the only dog I've gotten as a wee puppy, so I'd like to think I didn't do too badly although I have to admit that a lot of his personality is probably from winning the genetic lottery.

Interests:Gardening... my front yard is 99% perennial flower gardens and I have a small veggie plot at the house. I also have a big plot at a community garden in my neighborhood this year for the first time, which is keeping me busy. Also reading, video games, tabletop games, Twins baseball, and dog stuff - mostly skijoring/scootering but I also play Rally and Agility with Squash. Camping. Cooking.
Favorite music: Honestly, I like almost everything. Some of the really poppy country I don't care for, though. My favorite band is The Handsome Family.
Favorite book:Oh god it depends on the day.
Favorite quote: "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." by George Bernard Shaw

There is also an exchange from Community I love:
Pierce: I don't like being excluded, Jeff! Do you?
Jeff: YES!!!!! (hahaha introvert humor)

Random fact: I once pooped my pants in a Walgreen's parking lot. Aren't you glad you asked?

Put up pictures of yourself and your dogs of course!!
Scratching Pip's butt at Lake Superior:

Squash and I after our first skijor race.

Here we all are skijoring. Pip is "helping."

Maisy and me, when my hair was long.

k9krazee

Nickname/Preferred name: K9, Ashley

About your dog(s): Crosserton!!! Almost 3 year old ACD/Terrier dude. He's our heart, our life and is awesome.

Interests: Dogs. My dog. Agility. Training said dog. Work. Husband. Traveling. Visiting people. Craft Beer. Music.

IMG_2726 by ashleymoul, on Flickr

HI by ashleymoul, on Flickr

Uhh.. Halloween family pic
Family pic2 by ashleymoul, on Flickr

RottenFlower

rotties are my kryptonite
More north of south, but more south of north.
Nickname/Preferred name: Monica
About your dog(s):
  • Kaia | 3yr Rottweiler | adopted from Rottweiler Hearts Rescue
  • StiXxX | ~9ish yr terrier | adopted when I was in school
  • Zellie | 11yr Golden retriever | owner surrender at an ER vet I worked at years ago
  • Nat | 14yr Chow mix | owner surrender at an ER vet my partner worked at years ago
Interests:
  • rottweilers
  • rottweiler rescue
  • photography
  • dogs
  • training dogs
  • behavior modification in shelter/rescue dogs
  • reading
  • chickens
  • napping
  • food
Favorite music:
  • country from the 50s-90s (not much current)
  • 90s rock + alternative
  • indie
Favorite book:
  • to kill a mockingbird
Favorite quote:
  • "For what it's worth: it's never too late or, in my case, too early to be whoever you want to be. There's no time limit; stop whenever you want. You can change or stay the same; there are no rules to this thing. We can make the best or the worst of it. I hope you make the best of it. And I hope you see things that startle you. I hope you feel things you never felt before. I hope you meet people with a different point of view. I hope you live a life you're proud of. If you find that you're not, I hope you have the strength to start all over again. " -The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Random fact:
... :)

me, zellie + kaia, when I had longer, dark hair

playing tug inside on a rainy day (rip, gunnar)

kaia, in some beautiful light in our backyard

Zhucca

Lab Love
Nickname/Preferred name: Kelsey or just my username, Zhucca.
About your dog(s): Duke is a 4yr old Labrador Retriever. Just a little guy at 55lbs. I'm heavily biased but he's the best. He's perfect.
Interests: Dog related things of course, camping/hiking, reading, papercraft, video games (if that's a real hobby, lol)
Favorite music: I listen to many, many genres.
Favorite book: The Lord of the Rings series.
Favorite quote: Don't Panic.
Random fact: Eh, I'm not sure... I've never tried Lobster before?

Picture of me:

Pictures of Duke:

noludoru

Bored Now.
Bump. . . I'm a little late to the thread

Nickname/Preferred name: Nolusaurus. If everyone could start referring to me as "Saurus," that would be appreciated.
About your dog(s): Midnight/Middie/Stupid/Moo/ChallengedDog/Blackass/COME HERE is a 10-yr old Springer and possibly Lab, Pointer mix. Most frequent comments I get about him are "wow, he's so small in person" and "he's so. . . friendly" as they try to regain personal space.
Interests: Ice cream.
Favorite music: Nationwide jingle. It's so catchy!
Favorite book: Twilight.
Favorite quote: Anything RPattz says.
Random fact: I'm tired of making up answers now. Lets do pictures.

Me:

anniversary3 by noludoru, on Flickr

Us:

IMG_4379 by noludoru, on Flickr

Him:

IMG_4279 by noludoru, on Flickr

Members online

No members online now.