peeing and playing

Babyblue5290

Happy Meal. Yum.
Wasn't real sure where to put this, but my friends dog (Toto a lab mix) has this behaivor that I find strange. I can't tell if he is being territorial or what he is doing.

Ok so whenever a dog comes up to the fence and he is outside he runs up to it and does a play bow and starts running along the fence trying to plays with it. This is all fine and everything it's just he will continuisly pee through the fence really close to the other dog. I don't get why he would pee if he wants to play? I should probably mention it is usually only with female dogs he does this with so that probably has something to do with it.lol

Babyblue5290

Happy Meal. Yum.
anyone got any idea of why Toto would do that? Any idea's at all of how to get him not to if you can stop him? My friends find it embarassing...lol

Babyblue5290

Happy Meal. Yum.
I don't think so cause he lifts his leg and tries to pee as close to the other dog as possible and then goes and plays again and will stop after a few minutes and pee again and etc.
But thanks for the reply :)

Irish

Babyblue, I don't know why dogs do this either, but Murray has been doing it to Bear since we got him. :( If you find out why, tell me!

Babyblue5290

Happy Meal. Yum.
Irish said:
Babyblue, I don't know why dogs do this either, but Murray has been doing it to Bear since we got him. :( If you find out why, tell me!
Are both dogs males? I was just wondering cause Toto is a male and seems to do it only to females.
But I'll sure let you know if I find anything. :)

Members online