The Venting Thread

noludoru

Bored Now.

THAT is what I did today.

NEVER AGAIN WILL I WORK WITH SPANDEX.

I still have to put on the trim, but after hours and hours of work on many occasions by my friend and me, it's finally close to done. . . just in time for Mile Hi Con..

Fran27

It's 40 this morning! Brrrrrr.

My vent is that I don't think I've slept past 6am once this week. It's just REALLY getting old. When it's not the cat waking me up, I just wake up naturally at 5am. Even on Saturdays. Then I'm hungry all day and end up eating too much.

ETA: Nolu, you look hot!

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
A few months ago we started gaming with a guy from Britain. Last night we're pretty sure he sent my friend a suicide note through our online chat. :(

Feel so helpless. We don't have any contact information for him other than his gaming info. We sent him a message back, and I also messaged his brother...but it may have been too late. Ugh. We never really "knew" him, but he was going through some really rough stuff and the games were his sanctuary and we considered him a friend. I'm really hoping everything is okay. :(

Lyzelle

When you are trying to do a job for someone who has no idea what they need or are doing. The type of ignorance over a topic that makes you question your own intelligence on said topic.

But it also makes you realize just HOW BADLY they need the help, so you just keep plugging away.

joce

A few months ago we started gaming with a guy from Britain. Last night we're pretty sure he sent my friend a suicide note through our online chat. :(

Feel so helpless. We don't have any contact information for him other than his gaming info. We sent him a message back, and I also messaged his brother...but it may have been too late. Ugh. We never really "knew" him, but he was going through some really rough stuff and the games were his sanctuary and we considered him a friend. I'm really hoping everything is okay. :(
Generally if you contact your police they can figure it out. Also worth calling and asking a suicide hotline who to ask. Even now.

JazzyTheSibe

Love is 4 legged word
I feel so worthless. Today isn't the only time where I've felt like this. It's starting to become a common occurrence. Feeling like this comes out of nowhere. Then it just hits me.

(((Hugs))) I'm really sorry:( I hope everything's ok.

*blackrose

Update: Mac got back in touch and he's doing okay. Don't know where to go from here other than make him realize we're all in his corner, but hopefully he'll get the help he needs.

Airn

I just dealt with this earlier this year. An online friend of 7 years decided to end his life. I still haven't really gotten closure on it. He told me wanted to and after months of me (and others ) trying to convince him otherwise, he went through with it.

I hope your friend gets the help he needs. It's so hard to help from so far away.

Melle

Slightly irked.

Using fleece liners for the rats is not going to work because they chew them so bad, and I can't use the washer or dryer for them. It's too much to hand wash or dry mostly because I can't hang them inside (no room in my room, or parents griping) and if outside they'll just be cold and wet. I tried.

But because the Critter Nation only has this dinky shallow plastic pan, I would need to spend no less than $60 on a steel bass pan. Woohoo.

So now I'm regretting not getting Martin's cage and seriously considering saving up from square one again, buying the other cage, and selling this one off, because a Martin's would be more lightweight and have a deep pan anyway.

Why does it have to be so expensive just to set up a habitat for two rats. I am not the richest 18 year old and I really don't have the money to just throw around. Especially since I've noted that Winnie is the more sneezy and even though she's perfectly healthy now I'm paranoid about vet money. Blah.

*blackrose

Slightly irked.

Using fleece liners for the rats is not going to work because they chew them so bad, and I can't use the washer or dryer for them. It's too much to hand wash or dry mostly because I can't hang them inside (no room in my room, or parents griping) and if outside they'll just be cold and wet. I tried.

But because the Critter Nation only has this dinky shallow plastic pan, I would need to spend no less than $60 on a steel bass pan. Woohoo.

So now I'm regretting not getting Martin's cage and seriously considering saving up from square one again, buying the other cage, and selling this one off, because a Martin's would be more lightweight and have a deep pan anyway.

Why does it have to be so expensive just to set up a habitat for two rats. I am not the richest 18 year old and I really don't have the money to just throw around. Especially since I've noted that Winnie is the more sneezy and even though she's perfectly healthy now I'm paranoid about vet money. Blah.
Make a coroplast base! They're cheap enough that even if they get chewed it won't be pricey to replace. And I was able to make it myself (with some tears of frustration due to measurements) without any issues. Home depot sells the size of coroplast you need for, like... $12.

Oko

Silence, peasants.
My puppy is SCREAMING in her crate after biting me badly in the face :( I feel like a total failure so I am sitting on the couch crying and eating ice cream :rolleyes: :(
If it makes you feel better, I think most people with high drive puppies have been there, done that, cried and eaten the ice cream. You're not a failure, she's just a baby and was probably over tired. :)

meepitsmeagan

Meagan & The Cattle Dog Crew
If it makes you feel better, I think most people with high drive puppies have been there, done that, cried and eaten the ice cream. You're not a failure, she's just a baby and was probably over tired. :)
That.

I've been there and my puppy is normally great now. But definitely finish the ice cream and don't stress over it too much. Tomorrow is a new day.

Members online