The musing thread

Ozfozz

Highbread Dingbat
In finance today we're going over Cost Effectiveness Analysis which is abbreviated to CEA.
Every time I read "CEA" I think of Collie Eye Anomaly and then carcinoembryonic antigen testing. *sighs*

Equinox

In finance today we're going over Cost Effectiveness Analysis which is abbreviated to CEA.
Every time I read "CEA" I think of Collie Eye Anomaly and then carcinoembryonic antigen testing. *sighs*
LOL! I have this problem all the time. The most infuriating one is that I can't even look at "PSA" (public service announcement) without getting excited and thinking it's referring to a specific bitesport (protection sports association). Aughhhhh!

We are FINALLY starting to really enjoy Nosework. I couldn't figure out what the fuss was about for a while, but was reserving judgement until later in the course but now...

I gets it! We likes it!

Introducing birch the week after next. Waa-hoot.

My friend would like to know if there are ways to add very small pictures to messages for example these sizes: :eek: :first:
She knows there are websites where one can get them. However, one cannot always tell if s/he has a permission to use them for example in forum messages. My friend also knows that one can install softwares and/or toolbars one can use to add smilies and small pictures. However, they talk mostly about text messages and facebook in their descriptions. We do have an account in Photobucket but my friend is not so good in drawing. Besides, even if she was, we would need to create own file for every picture on computer. Then we would need to full our Photobucket library with tiny pictures. :lol-sign:

So, does someone know how one could add small pictures to messages?

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
Two random thoughts:

- Being married made me fat. It's amazing what little food I eat when I have no desire to actually cook anything, or do any dishes, or time my meals with someone else's, or snack when someone is snacking. Part of that could be the stress of dealing with a new routine, too. Me no likey change. I'm interested to see how much weight I loose before he gets back. Lol

- I've always thought it is slightlt sadistic that Nurse Joy in the pokemon games always says, "I hope to see you soon!" after you've healed your pokemon. Like...she hopes they get injured enough that I have to bring them to her? (I've clearly been playing way too much Pokemon recently...)

Tortilla

Blonde Raccoon
- I've always thought it is slightlt sadistic that Nurse Joy in the pokemon games always says, "I hope to see you soon!" after you've healed your pokemon. Like...she hopes they get injured enough that I have to bring them to her? (I've clearly been playing way too much Pokemon recently...)
Even when I was seven I thought that! It always struck me as sadistic. Haha.

yv0nne

Vizsla mom
I hate people who can nap. I was exhausted today. Came home, napped for an hour.. now it's 12:23AM and my sleep schedule is going to be screwed for a couple of days thanks to that **** nap. It reminded me why I don't do it normally!

AllieMackie

Wookie Collie
My friend would like to know if there are ways to add very small pictures to messages for example these sizes: :eek: :first:
She knows there are websites where one can get them. However, one cannot always tell if s/he has a permission to use them for example in forum messages. My friend also knows that one can install softwares and/or toolbars one can use to add smilies and small pictures. However, they talk mostly about text messages and facebook in their descriptions. We do have an account in Photobucket but my friend is not so good in drawing. Besides, even if she was, we would need to create own file for every picture on computer. Then we would need to full our Photobucket library with tiny pictures. :lol-sign:

You add them the same way you just did, the forum has built-in ones.

Any other images, you have to upload them somewhere and then post them here, like you said.

You add them the same way you just did, the forum has built-in ones.

Any other images, you have to upload them somewhere and then post them here, like you said.
My friend was talking about how to add pictures and smilies one can't find in this forum. We told that:

So, has anyone ever used softwares and/or toolbars one can use for adding smilies and small pictures? My friend means such that supports the codings that are used in this forum.

AllieMackie

Wookie Collie
My friend was talking about how to add pictures and smilies one can't find in this forum. We told that:

So, has anyone ever used softwares and/or toolbars one can use for adding smilies and small pictures? My friend means such that supports the codings that are used in this forum.
I know what you meant, and I'm telling you that everyone just uses the ones built into the forum. If you want to use other pictures, you have to link them just like you link other photos. There are no toolbars or software for extra smilies on this forum.

xpaeanx

I'm slightly (ok maybe not slightly...) co-dependent due to anxiety. The SO usually accompanies me to places that are known to induce anxiety. So he went to the trial with me. I figured he'd be pretty bored... instead he surprised me and said if he does get his own dog he'd like to trial it too when I go. :) It made me happy.

Melle

Would it be weird for a girl in a long distance relationship to buy her own personalized necklace to represent it?

I've been wearing this little homemade polymer clay necklace pendant that stands for his nickname for a few years but I kind of want something different to represent it now and idk if it'd be weird if I bought something for myself since people usually expect the guy to do all the jewelry buying? But he's in no position to do that and struggling with a situation so I kind of want to get something more special to represent us.

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
Would it be weird for a girl in a long distance relationship to buy her own personalized necklace to represent it?

I've been wearing this little homemade polymer clay necklace pendant that stands for his nickname for a few years but I kind of want something different to represent it now and idk if it'd be weird if I bought something for myself since people usually expect the guy to do all the jewelry buying? But he's in no position to do that and struggling with a situation so I kind of want to get something more special to represent us.
I don't think so! I still wear a simple gold wedding band on my right hand even though I have my own wedding set on my left hand, because it reminds me of when Michael and I were first dating and became "serious".

My muse: I am that crazy person that really feels like I'm missing a part of myself when my dog isn't around. I'm so used to having him as my traveling buddy/playmate/sleeping buddy/companion that it feels so weird not having him with me right now. He's like my fuzzy security blanket.

GipsyQueen

I taught Zora a trick I call "Piggyback". I crunch down and tell her piggyback and she jumps onto my back with her front paws and lets them hang over my shoulders. It's incredibly adorable. :p

Members online