How Long Could You Go?

sillysally

Obey the Toad.
I lurk on a homesteading board occasionally, and there are some people pretty worked up about the Ebola thing. One poster said that last year she did not leave her property from November to March-she had everything delivered-and plans to do the same this year.

Honestly, even if I had a lot of property I don't think I could go that long without leaving it. Supposing that your income remained same and everything you needed could be brought to you, how long could you go without leaving the dwelling you currently live in?

CharlieDog

Rude and Not Ginger
If I didn't HAVE to leave? I could go up to a year probably. As it is, we have enough in store that if we HAD to stay home for some reason, we could live comfortably for nearly a month, without needing anything brought in anyway.

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
Umm...not long. At all. 24 hours? lol
I live in an apartment with no yard, Merlin has to go out and walk!
but let's say I could afford a three times a day dog walker.

5 months I think would be my emotional limit but could go a lot longer possibly...there is a gym in my building and everything delivers.
Plus I guess the added bonus of apartments is that in any kind of lockdown situation...you've got some company :rofl1:

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Maybe a week? I get REALLY antsy if I don't go out SOMEWHERE every day though. I think if I HAD to I could manage. But since I live alone I generally need some human interaction outside my house most days. I feel lousy if I spend more than one day holed up as a homebody.

If I lived out on 40 acres like my dad does... I could go months without leaving easily. Just be out playing with the dogs and horses every day. That would be assuming more humans were with me.

Fran27

Even in a big house with an elliptical (so I don't have to go to the gym), I would end up going out eventually for one reason = go see a movie.

So, not long, unless for some reason there's a dry spell of movies I want to see (like the last 3 months). Just no way I'm waiting 5 months for a dvd release for some of them :p

Although to be fair, I wouldn't have cared a few years ago when I spent all my time playing online games... now that I'm more active, it would be way, way tougher.

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
If my pay stayed the same and could have everything delivered? Heck, I don't know if I'd *want* to leave. I would need exercise equiptment or I'd get fat and lazy.

This is based on if Michael was here as well. I'm a hermit, but not that much of a hermit. I hate not having someone here.

And I'd go home over major holidays, no question. So that ruins the *stay away from people forever* thing.

xpaeanx

If my income was steady and my "dwelling" included hiking trails with views, a river/lake, my horse and room for my agility stuff to be set up.... As long as it took me to want new trails which could be a while.

I'm not a "people person" so I don't need social things, but I need room to be outdoors and hike and stretch and breathe.

How long could I stay where I live now? 8 hours to sleep. I don't hang out at my house, any free time I have I pack up dogs and go places.

joce

Indefinitely. Not a small place and have thirteen acres. Pond, trails. I WANT to be here lol. I am also somone that hates the city and crowds etc. I'd miss my friends but could do it! Heck with work and animals now I barely see them!

I like to drive though. Do have four wheelers though.

teacuptiger

floor dancer
Um. A day. Two at most if I'm REALLY sick. But I am far too ADD to stay on my property for more than that!

Yah. No. There is no way I could not at least go for walks and do things. And Roxie would kill me in my sleep if I forced her to stay cooped up. Even if my property went on for miles and was all private land with lots of stuff to do... There is no way. I get bored fast and easily.

GipsyQueen

Maybe a week... at the VERY VERY most. I'm a hermit - but I also live in an apartment on the 4th flour with no balcony. (A french balkony, but that doesn't count) I need to be out and about.

Currently if I didn't have to go to work I could go a week-2 weeks without leaving my home. I am a full on hermit...To be fair I used to suffer from (and still work on) Agoraphobia. No joke I spent an entire year in my home never left once when I was 20-21.....And I live in a tiny house in the middle of the city.

Ozfozz

Highbread Dingbat
In my *ideal* home I could definitely go months.

However, that ideal is a house with a ton of forested land for hiking and an indoor agility arena - complete with all the equipment. Oh and a good internet connection :rolleyes:
People would come from all over to use my awesome agility training arena so I would have that social interaction too lol.

Current house? I could probably go a few days (if it weren't for work and school). It wouldn't be fair to the dogs to not get a proper walk, and as much as they would drive me crazy, it's my family that would make me want to leave.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
And yeah... Hank is at the point right now where he needs a TON of work and exercise. I have no idea how we'd manage it staying home. I skip walks one day and he's nuts even with training and flirt pole in the yard. I can see a big difference in him when he gets his exercise skimped on.

I lurk on a homesteading board occasionally, and there are some people pretty worked up about the Ebola thing. One poster said that last year she did not leave her property from November to March-she had everything delivered-and plans to do the same this year.

Honestly, even if I had a lot of property I don't think I could go that long without leaving it. Supposing that your income remained same and everything you needed could be brought to you, how long could you go without leaving the dwelling you currently live in?
Over a year. - Seriously.

End of (October?) 2010-Sept 2011, I suffered from extreme social anxiety and aside from situations where I absolutely HAD to leave the apartment - I didn't. My doctor diagnosed me as having mild agoraphobia during that period of time and offered to put me on anti-depressants, but I refused them.

I did not begin leaving the house regularly until after my fiance moved in, which was December 2011. But then of course it was winter, so we didn't really go anywhere except to family Christmases.

My first trip back out into public would have been around April 2012... we went to a local park and I had an anxiety attack because of how many people were there. I slowly got better about public places, but it wasn't until January 2013 - when I received Toby - that I was outside every day again... I actually started to make friends again, and DO things on the weekends. I found myself again and started going for long walks on the nature paths behind the apartment. We took the kids out more often, did more things as a family...

This weekend, I've been invited to bring my dog to a Howl-oween party for dogs, and the following day we've been invited to the dog walk-a-thon for the Farley Foundation. I have volunteer jobs, interact regularly with people, but it took a lot of time to get *ME* back.

So yea - I could easily, go a year or longer without leaving - even now.

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
If my family was with me (Brian and Hannah) I could last a while I think. I need a lot of human interaction though lol so I would probably drive them crazy.

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
I could go a really long time but I'd rather not :p

At some points in my life I would have welcomed it but I would miss a lot of people now. Especially if I did not have internet access for some reason.

oakash

Kat/Oak AKA The Nice One
at one point I would have been completely fine with it, but now... I could go a couple weeks. I have to see family though. I'm a family person, and I have to either be around people who are basically family, or actual family.

Members online

No members online now.