What is it with the media's infatuation with 'bad rap' breeds?

Every time I hear of a dog attack on the news, it's almost always a Pit or a Rottie as the vicious, man-eating animal..

I read an old article a couple years back about a teenage girl in a coma after being badly mauled by 2 Labradors. I saw nothing about that on the news.

Why does the stupid, one-sided media try to portray these breeds as monsters? Or is it one of those questions that can never be answered?

RD

Are you dead yet?
Also lots of people responding to the situation aren't dogbreed enthusiasts and don't identify the breed properly. Unfortunate, because to the immediate response team, the person injured is the important thing. To the media receiving the report, the dog is the important thing. Something that is given a small amount of attention at the scene of the situation is given all the attention when it's televised or on someone's blog or news feed.

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
What is the media's fascination with celebrities? Especially celebrity gossip that makes said celebrity look bad
the fascination is that people watch it.

And as with "bad rap breed" coverage, most of it isn't true.

Same reason people like watching reality tv I suppose, watch the world burn kind of thing

AllieMackie

Wookie Collie
Because it gets more views, clicks, more of a reaction.
This. The more it's sensationalized, the more it's a hot word. No one cares if a golden retriever bit a child, but everyone cares if a pit bull bit a child. It's awful, but most media and marketing is.

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
Because money.

Sensational stories sell. Who wants to read about a evil lab when you has TEH DEBIL PIT BULLS!!!

Members online

No members online now.