The Lost Dogs (Book about Michael Vick dogs)

Airn

So, I just finished The Lost Dogs. It's a book written about the case and what happened to the Vick dogs during the 2-3 years this whole situation went on. I'm not sure if anyone else has read it, but if you have, what are your opinions on it?

I found myself a bit confused and torn at certain situations. I thought it would be interesting to get some intake and maybe some less biased opinions. I feel like the author, while not PETA crazy, took a lot of liberty with some of his assumptions. He seemed to be TRYING to be unbiased but in the next paragraph he would kind of give up on that.

If you haven't read the book, I'm not sure you're really missing much. It was a decent book and I learned quite a bit. But I did not follow the Vick case at all, so most of it was news to me. I'm not sure it has any secret information that wasn't made obvious/aware during the trail or shortly after. It's also written by an editor for Sports Illustrated. Which I found.. interesting. :popcorn:

Zoom

Twin 2.0
Sports Illustrated did a HUGE expo piece on the Vick Dogs about a year after the fact, so it kind of makes sense?

Airn

He did mention that. Apparently he got a pretty mixed bag of reviews on it. Some were horrified and wanted to help, others thought the dogs should be euthanized and\or Vick just serve his time. But many wondered why he was writing an article about dogs. He said Sports Illustrated is about the lifestyles revolving around sports, not just the physical game. It does make more sense that he continued writing about it. Still a bit odd to me, though.

NeNe

Yes, I wish it had been a little less factual and more personnal. More about the dogs and less about the politics involved. I found it hard to read at times as to the treatment of the dogs but I am glad I read it. I dont know how you can call youself a human being and do such heartless things to another living creature.

Members online

No members online now.