Dog Show Today...

SizzleDog

Lord Cynical
This morning I took Ronin and Ilsa to the university's dog show. In previous years it has been a "fun show" with competitions for costumes, tricks, etc. This year however, they decided to model it after a "real" dog show - conformation and obedience.

Ilsa got third in obedience with a score of 197.5/200... pretty good, considering it was run like an actual obedience trial (novice routine). Second and third were taken by dogs with their CDs, and very experienced handlers. So all in all, I'm proud of my girlie!

The conformation part was fun. Ronin was a great boy, although he did decide to fart in the face of the GWP behind us in the BIS ring. At the end, the judge said, "Now as we all know, AKC does not allow male dogs to be shown if they don't have testicles. HOWEVER, my Best in Show dog is the Doberman!" So yeah, Ronin took BIS despite being a member of the Order of the Pancake. Yay Ronin! (PS - the judge shows, trains and breeds Belgian Tervurens. She loooved Ronin - and he wasn't the only "real" show dog there. I really thought the little chocolate cocker or the field spaniel were goign to take it.)

All in all, a good day and we're all POOPED!

ACooper

Congrats! That must of been a blast to be there and see all the doggies and novice "show" people :D

EDIT: Did they win a prize of some sort? Ribbons, trophy, toys, food? Pictures? ;)

SizzleDog

Lord Cynical
Ilsa didn't win anything (only "high in trial" got something) but Ronin won a cute little framed certificate and a $5 gift certificate to his favorite dog bakery (Brown Dog Bakery) :D

SizzleDog

Lord Cynical
So when are you starting to show ilsa?
Not sure yet - right now, I'm focusing more on graduating from college and finding a job to fund my "dog habit". Luckily Rally is picking up in this area, we've been shut out twice because the few shows around here fill up so dang fast. Last year, we maybe had two trials within 6 hours. :(

Members online

No members online now.