Mack: Live fast, die young, and have a nice looking corpse

avenlee

Julie, you did the best you could by Mack. Although hard as it is, you can rest with that fact. Just devote your time with Hannah as I think dogs can sense stress with us humans. Hannah has come along so well as being alone, I'd hate to think she'd take a backward step :) ((((HUGS))))

juliefurry

Rusty but Trusty
That's what I told myself. I have been spoiling Hannah since this whole Mack thing has been going on. I don't want her to think I am worried or upset because then she tries to cheer me up and she gets all depressed and sad.

Ash47

Taco Dog
Well,
I am very sorry for all of this happening Julie. You, sadly, had to learn the hard way about those d@mn BYB. I think, and I may catch slack for this, that the best thing is for Mack to be PTS. He is obviously a miserable dog. I think let Mack RIP. You gave him love and care. And you mothered him and did everything you thought was best. You did your part. I think poor Mack needs to be able to go play at Rainbow Bridge as a perfect dog. No problems, no fears.

As for Hannah. I am glad to hear you are spoiling her. Poor thing has been through so much lately. What with losing her brother and sister(Shelby), gaining then losing Maveick. Being spayed and being with you and your husband through the hardships with your family. What a trooper she and you are. That, is the making of a heart dog.

SummerRiot

Dog Show Addict
I honestly believe that Pro47 has a point. Its very hard to hear i'm sure, but its more or less the best for him. Aggresive dogs always have a reason for being aggresive.
Ie; dominance over everything, personality default, mistreatment, in pain.

Our first Sheltie came from a reputable breeder(whom Crosby is named after, he was a deal friend of the family as well). but, Meaghan was diagnosed with doggy "AIDs" and there was obviously no cure for her. She didn't even last a year, but as she got older her condition worsened so did her temperment. She attacked our other dogs frequently. SHe was tested for everything until we found out about her condition. She was on a bunch of medication that totaled over $1000 within a short few months. But she was worth everything that we paid for her... but finally, after her attacking(or trying to) a friend of ours... it was decided that she was PTS.

Sometimes, even though you try your best, things are just not meant to be.
I'm sure while Mack was with you, you provided him with an amazing home and you had done everything for him that you could have.

Pro is also right about Hannah, spend all the quality time you can with her! Make sure you include her on everything when you get your poodle pup too, because after she is getting 100% attention, she'll wonder what happened or what she did when the poodle pup comes along and they get the attention.

bubbatd

Julie....you have done all you can. If a handler couldn't help him, no one can. Just remember the good times and know it's out of your hands. Another case against BYBs.

Members online

No members online now.