Charlie's Bleeding...

keyodie

Keyozilla
Well the first time we notived the cut, it was a scab. We just left it, because we thought it would get better soon.

Then the next time we gave him a bath, it was bleeding and open. So we cleaned it out every once in a while, and then it stopped bleeding and got much better.

Just this morning, I went out to give Charlie his breakfast and it was bleeding! It was actually red and bleeding! How do I get him to not scratch it? Sry if I sound like I'm freaking out too much...

Any advice would be appreciated!

Zoom

Twin 2.0
Where is it at? You may have to put an E-collar on him depending on where it's at. If he's chewing or licking at it spray some Bitter Apple AROUND the area.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
sounds like there is something in it that is causing it to not only not heal, but break open over and over again..i could tell you alot about that and you really do not want to know..very carefully scrap the surface with something and see if he yanks it back..if it is then you best go to the vet. I don't advise trying to dig it out yourself. Vic has run more things under his petal soft skin then i can list..rose bush thorns, a stob of a stem..sigh..he runs with such gusto i still haven't figured out why they bred a bird dog with such tender hide and no coat to protect it.

keyodie

Keyozilla
I think it is a bug bite and he keeps scratching it...

It's on his forehead, about 5 cm. above his eye

Zoom

Twin 2.0
It may be a parasite or a fly bit that now has an egg in it. I've seen that happen on horses a couple times, but not on a dog. Stranger things have happened though.

Doberluv

I would just leave it if it's a bug bite. Wait and see. I bet in a few days, he'll leave it alone. If it swells up or looks pussy (yellowish), smells, or looks like it's getting worse, take him to the vet.

Members online